Chapter 8 : Frustration

Days passed quickly after the incident which soon turned into weeks.

Everyone, of course, was ecstatic that Midoriya had survived the attack. However, the fact he still hadn't awoken from his coma was starting to rest heavily upon everyone's shoulders. Bakugou was someone that had taken the whole situation the worst.

Ever since that day, he hadn't returned to class. He was either at the dorms on campus or at the hospital. His world was a completely blank without a smiling green-head bothering him every five minutes. Honestly, he had never felt so depressed. Everything just happened so quickly. It was almost like his whole life was turned upside down within a few minutes.

Kirishima visited him often, trying his best to coax the blonde out of his room and into class. But it was to no avail, Bakugou would barely speak a word. The only time he would form full sentences is when he visited Midoriya.

When he was with Midoriya it was the only time he felt okay.

He'd tell him everything. How he was feeling, how much he missed him and how frustrated he was. Bakugou blamed himself. He wished he was stronger, he wished he had listened to Midoriya. And most of all, he wished that he had taken the fatal stab.

Imagine how different things would've been? It would've been him in this bed, he would've been unconscious to the chaos around him. Instead it was the innocent sunshine that was unconscious which made the world dark for everyone around. Even with Midoriya's gentle heartbeat and soft breathing, the life support attached to him made everyone feel despair.

Just how long could they keep him like this? It had already been three weeks, very soon a month will pass without any signs of hope. Bakugou didn't want to think about the chance of him not waking up, but it was always there in the back of his mind - haunting him in his sleep.

Bakugou sighed and rolled over, looking at his phone. There was messages from Kirishima, the same he received every morning. It was always about how he should come to class and join in the activities that day. Kirishima always reassured Bakugou that he'd look after him and that Bakugou could leave whenever he liked. But, Bakugou never replied nor attended the class.

Everyone is class 1A was worried. It was unlike Bakugou to miss any lesson - let alone three weeks. He was falling behind severely and his attendance was decreasing so much that it began threatening his position in UA High School. Aizawa tried his best to convince Nezu to show some consideration towards Bakugou's mental state and Nezu agreed but warned that there was only so much he could excuse.

A hero had to learn to cope with these situations. It is bound to happen within this career and although it is sad, it's a necessity to be able to still concentrate on protecting the citizens against villains. No hero can dwell in their room, they need to fight and protect those around them.

It was a Tuesday morning when Kirishima showed up at class. Everyone watched as he walked in, sighing as there was no blonde following behind him insulting everyone. Uraraka scoffed and laid her head upon the desk, looking frustrated.

Iida noticed and approached the brunette, tapping her shoulder. Uraraka looked up at the boy and smiled softly. 'Are you okay Uraraka?'

She sighs and rests her head on her hands, still looking at Iida. 'I'm just annoyed. How long is he going to have off? I'm sick and tired of him not showing up.'

'But he-'

'I know he's depressed.' Uraraka cuts in. 'But everyone is worried about Midoriya. He can't just stay in his room. If it wasn't for him running off then this would never of happened. It's all his fault.'

Kirishima overhears Uraraka and approaches her, clearly mad. 'It's not Bakugou's fault. Don't you dare blame him. You have no idea what he's going through right now!'

Uraraka glares at Kirishima. 'I don't care what he's going through. Midoriya is in hospital in a critical condition from saving his stupid ass but he can't even show gratitude by showing up to school. Midoriya sacrificed his own life for Bakugou and you're telling me that he can't even turn up to class and live out the life Midoriya wanted him to?'

Kirishima grits his teeth. 'Stop talking about Midoriya like he's dead.' He growls. 'Midoriya is still alive and Bakugou is trying his hardest. It's not his fault that this happened, it's Stain's.'

Uraraka stands right in front of Kirishima. 'I know Midoriya is still alive. But just how long can this go on? He hasn't showed any signs of waking up or even a simple movement. It won't be long until the doctor declares him brain dead.'

'You seem to be hoping that Midoriya dies.' Kirishima spits.

Uraraka's face contorts in anger and she jabs Kirishima's chest, tears spilling down her cheeks. 'DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT! I CARE ABOUT MIDORIYA JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE HERE AND WANT HIM TO LIVE!' She keeps hitting his chest, slowly breaking down, 'but just how long can Midoriya hang on? Aren't we just torturing him? Every time his heartbeat weakens doctors are made to pound his chest until it bruises. I don't want to see him suffer and fight through this everyday. I'd...I'd rather him rest peacefully.'

Uraraka begins sobbing. Tsuyu walks over and hugs Uraraka, the brunette collapsing into her arms. Kirishima is still standing there, pissed and angry at Uraraka. But she is right, are they just torturing Midoriya for their own pleasure? It's true that everyone would be completely shattered if he was to completely leave this world. But, at least he could rest peacefully.

But, letting him go is something that none of them could ever do.