Chapter 26 : Truth

Todoroki storms down the halls and spots Bakugou leaving the bathroom with Kirishima. Instantly he runs over and pushes Bakugou against the wall, caging him in with his arms.

'Are you serious? How selfish can you get?' Todoroki questions, voice even and eyes glaring to Bakugou's soul.

Kirishima jumps as Todorki slams Bakugou against the wall and instantly tries to pry Todoroki away. 'What the hell man? Leave him alone!' He yells.

Todoroki ignores Kirishima and continues screaming at Bakugou. 'All you care about is yourself! You've tortured Midoriya for years now and even made him second guess living! Just leave him alone already!'

'Where's this coming from?' Kirishima asks, trying to calm the situation. He'd never heard of Midoriya being suicidal, let alone Bakugou torturing him. Of course, there had always been bad blood between Bakugou and Midoriya, and yes, sometimes Bakugou was an asshole. But, he was learning to calm down and be more reasonable. He was trying his best.

'Did you not tell Kirishima?' Todoroki asks Bakugou, forearm pressed against Bakugou's throat - slowly cutting off his air. 'You never told him the worst of it, did you?'

Bakugou remains silent. Pain surges through his throat due to the lack of oxygen and the weight of Todoroki's arm was beginning to bruise his neck.

Bakugou understands what Todoroki was referring to, he knew all too well. He was referring to when Bakugou had told Midoriya to commit suicide back in middle school.

And when Midoriya almost did.

Bakugou was incredibly lucky that he spotted Midoriya that afternoon, perched on the edge of the school building with shaky legs. Without a second thought, Bakugou ripped Midoriya from his spot and slammed him against a wall, screaming at him.

Bakugou screamed how Midoriya was stupid and an absolute idiot. He said to Midoriya that only the weak ran away from their problems. That there was no way a hero would do anything like that.

Since then, the topic was never brought up again to Bakugou. The guilt he felt was undeniable and he struggled to find common ground with Midoriya. Bakugou was afraid that if he became too close with Midoriya that he'd shatter into thousands of pieces.

Midoriya must've told Todoroki about his attempt and the reasoning behind it. That's the only way Todoroki would know. As for Kirishima, Bakugou never brought up the topic to anyone.

He knew for sure that people would feel disgusted within him and leave him forever.

Kirishima watches on as Bakugou is held defenceless against the wall. Anger is surging through him because of Todoroki's actions. Yet, he knows it's best not to step in just yet. There's things that need to be said in order for the two to at least be civil with each other.

'You know, the 'Kacchan' shit you pulled today could've been serious.' Todoroki hisses. 'If Midoriya remembers things too soon, especially some of the memories you made with him - it might throw him over edge. I'm not losing my best friend again, okay? So leave him the hell alone!'

Kirishima barges between the two and pushes Todoroki. Bakugou falls to the ground - coughing and gasping for air. He looks utterly helpless and fragile, it makes Todoroki smirk.

Not once had Todoroki been so cruel. He'd always tried to be peaceful in order to resolve issues in a more calm manner. However, after almost losing Midoriya - something inside him broke. He saw that sometimes the world isn't fair and you have to fight in order to protect those you love.

He couldn't just let Bakugou damage Midoriya again. This was the fresh start Midoriya needed and Todoroki wasn't going to let Bakugou take that away from him.

'Also, you might want to explain to Kirishima what you did and the person you really are. It's about time the truth came out.'

Bakugou matches Todoroki's glare. 'That's not your fucking call to make. That incident is never to be spoken of again. You fucking hear me?!'

'If you don't tell him,' Todoroki gestures to Kirishima. 'Then I will.' With that, Todoroki walks away from the pair and returns to the living area.

Kirishima turns around and sees Bakugou curled up behind him - shaking and shaded by his shadow. Kirishima instantly reaches to comfort Bakugou but the blonde slaps away his hand.

'Stay away from me.' Bakugou snarls, standing up and shoving his hands in the pockets of his sweats. 'This is the only time I'll admit that Icy-hot is right.' Bakugou looks at the floor, biting his lip to try and stop the tears. 'I'm a fucking monster.'

Kirishima reaches out to Bakugou again but the blonde moves away. 'I said, don't fucking touch me!' Bakugou screams. 'Just leave me the fuck alone!'

Bakugou runs off down the hall, leaving Kirishima behind - utterly confused.

A/N: Wow, okay. This took a dramatic turn. How are y'all feeling about the characters now? Share your honest opinions by commenting on their names below!

Bakugou Katsuki

Midoriya Izuku

Kirishima Ejiro

Todoroki Shoto

Also, I hope you are all staying safe during this current epidemic. Take good care of yourself and your family!