Chapter 20 : Friends Or More?

The world was a fuzzy white when Bakugou awoke. The sun was shining through his curtains and splaying across the room in streaks. Everything was unnatural though, his surroundings were unfamiliar.

When he realised the pristine white walls and constant beeping of a heart monitor, he thought for a second that he'd just visited Midoriya. Maybe Midoriya losing his memory was just a nightmare. But when he looked at Kirishima holding his hand and sleeping peacefully on the edge of the mattress, he realised it wasn't Midoriya in hospital.

It was him.

Flashbacks of earlier this morning came rushing back. The pain he felt, the anger that pushed him over edge. All the blood and shattered glass, the relief he felt when the world was ebbing away...

It all really happened.

Kirishima stirred in his sleep when Bakugou removed his hand. Slowly his eyes open to the world around him, his dazzling red iris looking around. When he saw Bakugou awake he hugged him tightly.

'Bakugou!' He cried out in glee, almost squishing the blonde to death. He pulled away and looked him dead in the eyes. 'Don't ever do that again! You scared the shit out of me man!'

Bakugou just let out a grunt of annoyance and looked out the window. Last he remembered Kirishima acted like an asshole and didn't care one bit about his suffering.

Kirishima sighs and sits in his chair again. 'Look I'm really sorry Bakugou, I really screwed up.' He lets out a sad chuckle whilst staring at his feet. 'I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most. I never listened to your worries or took into account just how much this affected you and I'm really sorry.'

'Also... I was a bit of an ass last time you put trust in me so I'm really sorry for that too. I'm not going to make excuses for my actions but I am going to promise you that this will never happen again.' Kirishima looks up and holds out a fist towards Bakugou. 'So, are we good?'

Bakugou huffs and fist-bumps Kirishima before looking away again. 'Whatever Shitty Hair. It's not like I can get rid of you even if I fucking wanted.'

Kirishima cracks a smile and lets out a laugh. 'There's the Bakugou I know!'

Bakugou still looks off with a grumpy expression on his face but deep down, he is bubbling with happiness at Kirishima's apology. It's nice to know that his best friend is there for him.

・・・

'So aren't you meant to be a school Todoroki?' Midoriya questions, looking at the boy that's still dressed in his pyjamas even though it's midday.

'Well I am meant to be but this is more important.' Todoroki replied making Midoriya smile softly. He can't believe his past made such a good friend. Honestly, Todoroki seems to really care about him and he just can't imagine having someone so kind as his best friend.

'I must be the luckiest person on the planet to have a friend like you.' Midoriya says.

Todoroki's face tinges with red at Midoriya's comment. The truth is, Todoroki had always had feelings that surpassed friends towards Midoriya. But, he never admitted it - deemed himself unworthy of his love. So all this time he kept his feelings hidden.

After the incident, Todoroki regretted everyday that he didn't tell Midoriya how he truely felt, it was like a burden upon his chest. But he can't tell him now, he only just woke up. It'll startle him too much.

'There was a blonde haired boy that came in here before you. He seemed...angry? Upset?' Midoriya started, 'was he a friend of mine too? Did I do something to make him feel that way?'

Todoroki almost growled at the thought of Bakugou. If he had pulled that plug yesterday then Midoriya wouldn't be awake right now, smiling and chatting with him. Midoriya watched as Todoroki tensed up at the mention of the blonde and watched curiously.

'Do you not like him? Is he a bad person?'

'The relationship you two share is... complex. Not even me or the other classmates quite understand it.' Todoroki answers. He knew that he couldn't mention how Bakugou bullied him because it may trigger memories and it's too early for Midoriya to deal with that.

Midoriya's face contorts into horror, 'we...we weren't lovers were we?! Friends with benefits? Fuc-'

'No! No nothing like that!' Todoroki cuts in, making Midoriya sigh in relief. He didn't know how to explain it properly. The relationship those two shared was always confusing; A mix of rivals, childhood friends and enemies. It never quite made sense to anyone why Midoriya cared so much for Bakugou after all he put him through.

'I'm sorry I'm just not sure how to explain it properly. Maybe I should bring in Kirishima one day to try and discuss it with you.' Todoroki continues, his thudding heart calming down. Just the thought of Midoriya and Bakugou having some secret relationship boiled his blood. There's no way Midoriya could fall for someone that treated him so horribly!

'Kirishima? I feel like you've mentioned him in one of the stories..' Midoriya says, trying hard to remember why that name sounded familiar.

'I probably did.' Todoroki says, 'Kirishima is one of Bakugou's good friends. He's nice and cheerful, a really great guy - the complete opposite of Bakugou. Yet, somehow he's the only one that has managed to build a stable relationship with Bakugou.'

'Bakugou?' Midoriya questions, the name rolling off his lips made his heart twinge. Originally he thought Todoroki was someone important. But just the name 'Bakugou' made him feel like he forgot someone really important.

'Sorry, Bakugou is the blonde haired boy that came in earlier.' Todoroki answers.

Midoriya thinks over everything Todoroki just told him about Bakugou and Kirishima. It seemed as though Todoroki wasn't particularly fond of Bakugou and it made Midoriya curious as to why he didn't like him.

But even more, Midoriya wondered just what his relationship with Bakugou was. Because the thudding of his heart when Bakugou entered the room and the butterflies in his stomach as he said his name made him believe that just maybe, there was something more to them then friends.

・・・

A/N: How would you describe Midoriya and Bakugou's relationship?