Chapter 2 : Battle

It was one certain day when Bakugou lost it. The class were undergoing hectic training from their teacher when suddenly he decided to do one-on-one battles. Aizawa paired together students and instructed that they were to battle each other in order to experiment their newly created power moves.

What made Bakugou mad was the fact he was against a cockroach. He knew for a fact that Aizawa was aware of the conflict between the two boys and even with that knowledge, he still decided to make them battle.

When Midoriya caught a glance at Bakugou's reddened face and angry glare all he could do was gulp. Was Mr Aizawa trying to kill him? There's no chance that Midoriya could ever take down Bakugou. He was too inexperienced with his own quirk to even think about facing someone that has practically perfected theirs.

He felt a reassuring hand on his shoulder and turned to see Uraraka smiling softly at him. 'It'll be okay Midoriya. Mr Aizawa wouldn't just randomly put you up against someone if he knew you couldn't handle it.'

Midoriya smiled back, still worried but grateful for her kind words. 'I know,' he answered softly. But it wasn't just that he was facing Bakugou, it was also that he knew he would have to hurt Bakugou seriously to be able to win. And this also meant injuring himself to the point of not being able to return to class.

'Okay now Bakugou and Midoriya.'

Midoriya grew shaky as he stood in front of his classmates with Bakugou one metre away from him. His eyes were raging and hands sparking, completely ready to take Midoriya down. But he didn't realise that Midoriya was also ready. He was plotting in his mind and creating a plan that wouldn't hurt Bakugou too much but also allow him a win.

'Start!'

As Mr Aizawa's voice rang out, Bakugou instant jumped towards Mirodriya with a blazing right hook. Predictable. Midoriya dodged and ran forward, skidding on the damp grass. A slight growl escaped from Bakugou as he realised he had missed. 'Deku..' he snarled. 'I will end you.'

Midoriya glared back. 'No, not today Kacchan.' He answered, allowing the adrenaline to pulse through his body. Midoriya's body glowed with green lighting as he waited for Bakugou's next attack.

The two fought, Midoriya dodging as many of Bakugou's attacks as possible whilst trying to refrain his own power from hurting Bakugou too much. Twenty minutes passed quickly and Midoriya could see how frustrated the blonde was getting. Throughout the whole battle so far, Bakugou was yet again screaming insults but Midoriya could tell he was scared.

Bakugou was afraid of loosing to him.

And that damn soft spot Midoriya had for the boy made him decide to give up. He could tell how threatened and cornered Bakugou felt in his mind, trying his best but barely succeeding. So, on Bakugou's next attack, Midoriya made sure to dodge too slowly and get hit from the powerful blow.

This sent him tumbling backwards onto the field. His chest was scorching from the burn but he withstood it for Bakugou's sake. He knew that he'd have to receive a few more of these hits until he could call it quits. Therefore, the fight carried on like such until Midoriya couldn't lift himself off the ground.

Mr Aizawa announced the results but Bakugou cut in straight away. 'I don't accept this! He gave up at the end! This isn't the victory I want!'

Midoriya sighs, still lying on the grass. He slowly pulls himself up to look at Bakugou. He can see the desperation in his eyes, how he feels unjust with such a win. Even with one look, his eyes tell a million words - a language only Midoriya can understand.

Mr Aizawa refuses a rematch and even with Kirishima trying to cheer Bakugou up, it was to no avail. Bakugou ends up storming off, sparks flickering from his hands. In that instant Midoriya knew that Bakugou was going to do something stupid. Extremely stupid.

Without a second thought, Midoriya excuses himself from the class and chases after Bakugou - praying that the boy hasn't done anything just yet.