home issues

i get off the bus and walk home silently. its about 5:45 pm and the sun will go down soon.  sometimes i just wish i didn't have to go home. i slowly open the front door and head to my room. 

"adia!!! make me some soup and chicken!"

i quickly head into the kitchen and begin cooking my aunt's meal.  Once it's finally done i rush into the living room happily. why was i suddenly so happy? there was leftover chicken. enough for me to eat. i hand my aunt Vivian her plate and she snatches it out of my hand without a thank you.

:aunt Vivian is it okay if i eat the leftovers..."

"do you pay for it? "                       "im sorry what..."

"did you use your money to buy this soup and chicken?"

"no but i haven't eaten all day and..."

"you know the rules. you must be skinny in order to thrive in life.  be grateful that i even took you in. i could've placed you in a foster care home. but i didn't. now go to your room..."

tears formed in my eyes as i slowly shut the bedroom door behind me. why do i have to be skinny though? why did my parents get rid of me. i wasn't bad. i did what they said. i do what everyone says, why is my life so hard? i sit against my door and begin to cry silently. why is my life so hard. what can i do to make her love me? what does it take for someone to actually appreciate and love you?

"i hate my life.."

i slowly drifted off to sleep, trying to stop my stomach from hurting. because when you're asleep, the only thing that can get you is your nightmares. and right now at this point i would rather be asleep in a nightmare then live out my life.