opening up

darion locks the door behind him and begins to shut all the blind in a state of panic. i could tell that he wasn't planning on taking any risks.  he must be scared. i feel so bad. im the one putting him through all this. i hate seeing him like this all tense and worried. i place my hand on his shoulder and ask politely

"how can i help-"         "go sit on the bed safely. they might come swinging by. i have to protect you no matter what."

"darion....."

"i wont let them take you..."

"darion!"

darion stops and turns towards me. i frown and sighed loudly

"I can't keep seeing you suffer like this. i need to help you.."

"no im not suffering im fine. as long as you're with me im fine. i lost you once and i  wont happen again..."

"what do you mean lost me?"

darion sits on the bed next to me and explains it to me

"when we were seven we both got split apart. i was devastated. i lost you and thought i was never going to see you again. when i found you a few weeks ago i just knew i had to help you. i need to protect you. i made a promise when we split that i would find you and protect you. of course you dont remember that. your brain was erased. all of our memories down the drain. I can't let Lexington do that to you ever again. are you crying?"

i wiped my face with my sleeve and stated "i just dont want you to give up on me because im not strong enough. i just want to protect you. god i dont know what i would do if anything happened to you darion...."

"us against the demons. we will end this war. that way we can live peaceful lives."

i wrapped my arms around darion( for the third time today) and layed next to him. he wiped my tears away and i closed my eyes.

halfway through the night i wake up and kiss him on the forehead. he looked so happy in his sleep.  "i love you darion......."

that night i vowed myself to stop being weak. i need to be strong for darion. so that we can end this and i can tell darion the truth about my feelings.