'the night sky'

i turn around and watch as darion sits next to me on the steps. he stares up at the stars and frowns

"i know this must be hard for you. and I'm sorry that your life has been hard. but if there's anything i can promise you: it is someone you can speak to whenever you're in need of it. i used to have night terrors all the time, and my mother would always rub my head to make me fall asleep. but when she disappeared two years ago, nobody was there for me. i had to adapt on my own. it was terrible. no one should have to go through what i went through, or what your going through...."

"just know that im here to talk to you. even if its hard to speak about, i dont want you to end up like me..."

i wiped my tears away and sniffled  "i had a dream that my aunt was trying to kill me with needles and get my blood....        why did i have to get this burden? why am i the one who has to stop Lexington...."

suddenly darion wrapped his arms around me and i froze. he was hugging me. i slipped my arms together and began to cry. i just sat there with my head buried in his jacket. why am i in such a sad era again? i shouldn't be sad, yet happy. I'm happy that i dont have to deal with abuse anymore. I am happy that i have darion as a close friend. Why do I have to be so weak.

i closed my eyes and fell asleep instantly. it was darions warmth that calmed me. that soothed my aching heart and anxiety.  as i drifted off to my dream all i could think of is;

i dont want our friendship to ever end................