Chapter 55. Family talk

After planning the ceremony Hades brought the Turtle's back to his house were Persephone was at. They got inside laughing and chatting. They walk into the living and each took a seat and asked questions about the house until they were cut off.

"Persephone! There you are" Hades smiled as he turned his attention to the top of the spiral staircase. Persephone glared down from the top and made her way down.

"Hades, dear. Let's go have a chat" Persephone said while dragging Hades off.

They went into the kitchen and Persephone crossed her arms.

"What do we need to chat about?" Hades asked, leaning on the counter.

"I'm just going to say it, I don't like that Mikey is here" She said as she looked at the vase on the table.

"How come? He hasn't done anything wrong?" Hades questioned.

"I also don't like how Aphrodite is around you guys, acting like a healing family when you never were one" Persephone spoke as she walked over to the vase and grabbed a flower from it.

"But Aphrodite is his mother! He is allowed to have both his parents with him, no he deserves to" Hades said as he followed her to the table and placed his hands on it.

"But you guys don't have to act like a family! Besides he was always your top priority. Leaving me here while you go watch him in the mortal realm!" Persephone shouted, crushing the head of the flower in her hand.

"He is my priority because he is my son! I had him before I had a relationship with you. You're only my wife, my son is my flesh and blood" Hades shouted back.

"And yet you knew me longer! He got taken away from you because Aphrodite threw a temper tantrum because he is a talking turtle!" Persephone slammed the dead flower onto the table.

"That is the past and he is here now. Why don't you go bond with him. You're his step mother!" Hades gestured to the livingroom.

"He'll never be my real son! We won't ever be a complete 'family' with Aphrodite around" Persephone picked up the vase and throw it at the wall.

"Just because we can't have kids doesn't mean you can't treat Mikey as your own, and it doesn't mean you can be awful to him" Hades yelled.

"You know what, I need to cool down, I'm going to my mothers" Persephone spoke as she left the livingroom and grabbed her bags.

"Why can't we work on this together!" Hades begged as he followed Persephone to the door.

"Oh you want to work together!? Keep Aphrodite away from this house then! I know you are planning to have her over for dinner after the ceremony" Persephone yelled and slammed the door and she left the house.

Hades sighed and went back to the kitchen to pick up the glass and make dinner.

Mikey stared at the door and quietly left the house and ran to Persephone.

"Persephone! Please wait!" Mikey said.

"What do you want" Persephone glared and the workers brought the bags in the carriage.

"I know I'm not your son and you don't like me but I would like us to get to know each other and be a family" Mikey asked.

Persephone soften her eyes.

"I don't like you because you remind me I can never be a real mom with Hades" Persephone said and she started crying.

"I can still be your son.." Mikey said.

Persephone walked up to Mikey and hugged him.

"Yeah, okay we can try" Persephone said as she wiped her tears away.

"Can you come back inside?" Mikey asked.

"Oh I actually can't I do need to go to my moms since spring is coming up. She needs help planning spring" Persephone said and she used her magic on a nearby dead plant and brought it back to life. She picked it and handed it to Mikey. She got in the carriage and it started to leave.

Mikey smiled and walked back inside. And went into the kitchen,

"Hey dad, I talked to Persephone and she's going to accept me as her son" Mikey said.

"That's good. Hopefully she'll stop being mad at me. I know it's my fault this is happening even if it may not seem like it" Hades said as he kept making the food on the stove.

"Go in the living room and do whatever you want, food is almost done" Hades smiled.

Mikey nodded and walked back to the livingroom, Donnie was trying to find something to watch on the TV and Swift was taking a nap. Mikey walked to Swift and poked his face.

Swift didn't wake up but put his arms around Mikeys waist.

After an hour passed the food was done and they all went to the kitchen to eat. They talked more about the ceremony and told some funny stories, once they were done eating Hades took the dishes and had one of the helpers wash them as Hades went to give the boys a tour around the house.