Chapter 15. Where's Mikey?

Raph, Donnie, and Leo stood on the roof, wondering if the Mighty Mutanimals and Mikey really went to go get pizza. The three of them decided they would ask Mikey later, and then ground him. 

"Are we really going to let them go like that!" Raph argued with Leo. 

"We'll talk to him when he comes back, and then ground him. Also stop yelling we're in public" Leo said calmly.

"We should head back to the lair and wait for him to come back" Donnie suggested.

Raph and Leo agreed. They started to head back to the lair, because in about 3 to 4 hours the sun will come up. Once they got to the lair they all sat in the living room waiting for Mikey to come back.

"I feel like we should check Mikey's room, it's just a weird feeling" Raph said getting sick of the feeling that was growing every minute.

"Me too" Donnie said.

The three of them got up and walked towards Mikey's room. They opened the door, weirdly it was clean and almost empty. His books, pencils, blanket, and other small things were gone. The only things that were left are his bed, action figures, a picture of them and one with Master Splinter. Leo moved towards his desk and saw some Photos, the first one was Mikey in front of the Statue of Liberty was Tourists merchandise on.

"He went out during the day?" Donnie question rather loudly.

The next picture was Mikey dancing around to music in front of a brick wall with orange artwork on it.

"Who took this photo? And from what phone? He has his in his belt." Raph pointed out.

Raph turned the two pictures over and there was writing.

"Can't wait until you get back ;)  We can travel the world together someday!" - Mikey.

And on the second photo said:

"Thanks for taking the photo of me Blue! I think it's pretty Rad looking" - Mikey.

"Blue?" They all questioned.

There was one more picture.

It was random guy that resembles Leo but punk looking with snake bites and with a purple background.

"Who the heck is this!?" Raph exclaimed while snatching the photo from Leo and looking at it closely.

A few minutes later Splinter came rushing in.

"What's wrong my sons?" He asked .

Raph showed him the pictures and the writing.

He looked at the last picture with anger.

"Him" He spat out.

"You know him sensei?" Leo questioned.

He turn the picture over and read aloud:

"Swift you look so coo! A few more days until we are gone!" -Mikey

"I knew it!" Splinter exclaimed.

"You know who he is?? Who is it Sensei" Donnie asked..

"This is Mikey's 'boyfriend' from 9 years ago," He said "I forbid him from seeing and talking to him" He said angrily.

The brothers looked back at the desk to see a letter. Donnie quickly open it and read the letter and saw the photo attached to it.

(From the other chapter, go read it)

Leo thought about when the mighty mutanimals were whispering, and why it took a while for him to come back with the skateboard. 

Leo quickly pulled out his phone and called Mikey and put it on speaker.

"The caller you are trying reach no longer has this number, and is not in service Goodbye" The recorded Voice said.

"Huh?" Leo questioned.

Leo called Leather head and put him on speaker.

"Where is my brother?" Leo asked through his teeth, not wanting to yell.

"Did you find his letter?" He question.

"Yes we did!" Raph yelled.

"He is probably long gone by now with his boyfriend"  Leather Head said. 

You could feel him smirking. 

"What do you mean long gone!?" Raph grabbed the phone and shouted.

"His is with his  partner that loves him! He doesn't bully him, insult him, knows he sometimes has a hard time paying attention, and yet you three still call him slow, unfocused, stupid, dumb and so much more! And Swift surely didn't rip him away from his first friend and crush" Slash argued at first, then everyone else there started to chimed in of calling them out.

The brothers all stayed quite. They looked at Splinter and he looked shock and a struck of realization hit his face. He looked at his hands droplets of water hit his hands. He looked up, he was crying

"We'll talk later Slash" Raph said and hunged up.

"Sensei why are you crying!?" Donnie stuttered.

"I took him away from who he loved" He said softly.

Leo lead Splinter to the living room. 

"Can you talk more about why you're crying?" Leo asked nervously.

"That day, when we got back from Japan, and we found him laying there with a boy. I was confused but angry, because he disobeyed my rules, met with a boy, and on a date without telling me. I started to cry when I realized I ripped him away from his first love like mine was ripped from me. I was acting like the shredder in a way, trying to take him away, and ruin some of his life over a rule." Splinter was now tearing more and putting his face in his hands.

The brothers didn't know what to do, so they hugged Splinter trying to help him calm down, and they thought about what they did.

The family was quite. All except for Mikey who was enjoying his freedom.