Chapter 60. Last for now

Mikey and Swift were on earth enjoying their honeymoon. They have been there for a week until they received a letter.

Mikey held the letter and was conflicted on it.

"What if we just open it later? Why can't we just enjoy one month of freedom without anything bad happening?" Mikey said to Swift placing the letter on the kitchen table.

"We don't have to read it now" Swift said.

So they ignored the letter for a few days until someone knocked on their door. Mikey sighed and went to go opened it.

A girl was standing there with a cloak on.

"Hello" She said.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" Mikey asked.

"Didn't you read my letter?" She asked.

"Um no" Mikey replied, glancing towards the letter on the table.

"Well in the letter it said I was coming in a few days to talk to you about something important" She told him.

Mikey let her in and she sat on the couch.

"So, my name is Cancer. Not my real name but good enough. I've kind of watched over you guys for a long while now and I am here to tell you something about your future, regarding your life together." Cancer said while taking off her cloak, revealing she was wearing a big hoodie and baggy sweat spants.

"What do you mean by that?" Swift asked.

"Well I'm basically the person the three fates send to intervene on life, so I'm just here to give you a message." Cancer responded.

"And that message is?" Mikey asked.

"Well, the stars see you all the time and say what they want about your guys life and they report that to me. So I'm cutting off your guys future and leaving it up to the stars and what they would like to see what happens. And just maybe I'll add more to your story but for now you're done." Cancer said trying to make sense of it.

"But why is our 'story' ending?" Mikey asked.

"I ran out of ideas" Cancer said.

"And now it's up to the 'stars'?" Swift asked.

"Yep" Cancer nodded.

"But can't we just decide what's going to happen?" Mikey asked.

"No, I make your life everything you done is by my hands, I'm a messenger but I control the stories I made" Cancer told them, pulling out her notebook and handing it to them.

Every detail of their lives where in there and what they were currently thinking, saying and doing was currently being written.

"So all the drama was by you?" Mikey asked.

"Well I like when stories have my favorite person go through trauma and then get a boyfriend and get better later on" Cancer said while smiling.

Cancer looked behind the two of them and stood up.

"Well that's all I wanted to say Goodbye. And may I see you in your next life" She said and walk towards the door. She opened it and then closed it behind her while Mikey was chasing her.

"Wait I still have questions!" He shouted as he flung the door back open showing she was gone without a trace.

"Well that wasn't cool" Mikey sighed and closed the door.