Chapter 10

"You're awake, your highness."

The maids ran to the fragile woman and helped her get up. Rowena felt like throwing up, her head hurt so bad along with her body and her eyes couldn't even see properly due to the dizziness.

"Slowly."

"Hurry up. Prepare the bath, the meal and medicine."

"Okay."

A few maids rushed to do whatever they needed to while a maid supported Rowena.

"Is he going back to his country?" Asked Rowena.

"Unfortunately not, your highness. The Southern emperor will stay here for a while."

"What…"

"His majesty left the gift for you, your highness. It's his cultural dress and jewelry. He also commanded us to get your highness ready in those. Your highness will be with him until he goes back."

Rowena stayed silent. All she could think about was Mikhael alone. She missed him so much and now she regrets letting him get married. She didn't want to see that emperor's face once again… she wished he would just perish into the air.

She sat motionless, letting the maids do their jobs silently. Her secret place didn't hurt anymore, the magician had come and healed her. Wearing the traditional clothes of the man who shoved a knife through her throat by his cruel words, Rowena felt like she was so cheap. She was guided by the maids to the room that he stayed in at another palace. She looked lifeless the whole way there until she met his gaze from afar.

The breathtaking beauty bowed her head down. A hand reached her earlobe. Henry smiled, pleased with her surrender.

"I greet you, your majesty, the sun of the south empire."

"My woman can drop the formality of talking to me."

"I dare not, your majesty."

She wanted to avoid the hand that caressed her cheek but she was scared of the man. Henry pulled her waist, cut the distance between them and hugged her tight. Rowena flinched a little when her chest met his.

"Look at me, my spoiled kitten."

Rowena looked up to him. Her pupils wavered facing the smile that made her feel like it was a threat telling her to behave well. Henry caressed the smooth cheek and kissed her forehead.

"You know how to behave now. You learnt fast, Rowena."

"..."

"You look magnificent in my cultural clothes too. I think I need to make you my concubine as soon as possible, so you can wear it to show me every day. It's pleasing to the eyes."

"What…"

Rowena's mind went blank. Henry leaned his face to her ear. Whispered slowly. The woman shook terrifyingly listening to him.

"I thought you know that you'll go to the south with me, kitten. I have no intention of leaving my toy alone."

She couldn't even find a word to respond. Her whole world flashed pitch black in front of her eyes. Henry chuckled when she went trembled all over. He cornered her in his arms as if he was so in love.

"Do you think I will let your manwhore fuck you again? You belong to me now. This body is mine. Your life as well."

"Please let go of me…"

Mikhael. She tried to call for him in her head but her sense was brought back when Henry gripped the back of her neck.

"Don't even try to think about that guy. I'm being patient with you right now."