Chapter 21

We'll have 3 flashbacks of the 3 main characters except Alisa, which are Mikhael's, Rowena's, and Henry's. This chapter is a flashback from Henry's POV when he was 17 years old.

As a crown prince, prince Henry would be brought along to anywhere his royal father went. They came here often back then, the western empire.

Even though he was young, Henry was a mature and a real intelligent young man. He wasn't the sweet tooth type neither do nice to everyone, he was more like the ‘minding my business’ kid.

Walking through the beautiful garden of the foreign empire alone to look around since it was his first time here, Henry heard a voice scream out from afar. He ran there as soon as he heard it because it sounded like the person was screaming for help and it was a girl's voice at that.

"Help…! Help…!"

As he ran as fast as possible to where the voice came from, the teenage Henry saw a little girl was fighting for her life in the big lake. She was grasping for air while trying to keep herself from going down to the depth of the water. Henry jumped into the lake without hesitation. He was trained to be a man who can protect himself as well as helping others, he was good at swimming.

"Help me… hugh…"

The water flashed as the young man swam as fast as thunder. It didn't take long for him to reach the middle of the lake.

"Take my hand."

He said as he reached out to her and pulled her into his hold. The little girl was out of breath the moment she was being helped. It was a luck draw because the little girl was a lightweight. He could hold her while swimming to the shore just fine.

"Are you okay??"

He asked as soon as he put the fainted girl on the ground but she had already fainted. They both were soaked. Henry checked her breathing. He then tilted her head back, sealing his mouth over hers while pinching her nose, he was giving her rescue breath by blowing into her mouth a few times. After that, he gave her chest compressions in a hurry.

"Do you hear me??"

As he pumped her chest, the little girl started to cough water out of her lips and nose. Henry was relieved. He helped her get up even though she couldn't open her eyes yet.

"Ugh…"

"You're okay now."

"Mikhael…?" 

The blonde little girl looked up to him, her eyes were still perplexed and blurred but the vision got better as minutes went by.

"Who is it? Is it the person who left you alone drowning?"

When he asked that, the little girl jumped.

"He did not… he didn't know I'm here…"

"Why are you here then?"

"That…" the girl trembled all of a sudden.

Henry looked at her suspiciously. She looked similar to someone…

"Hey aren't you the princess?"

"What…"

"You're the youngest princess, aren't you? Where are your maids and nanny??"

"It's none of your business!"

She got up in an instant, looked at him, her blue eyes wavering like she was scared of something. Henry sighed as he didn't understand her strange behaviour.

"Let's go. I'll take you to your palace. Tell me where it is. You're safe with me. I'm the southern empire's crown prince."

"No…"