Chapter 25

THUD. CLANK.

"Your highness…!"

The sound of hardened things hitting themselves to the floor. The dazzling room at the moment spaced by broken glass. Flower pots laid themselves with water dripped down. The mirror had broken. Everything was totally a mess. The maids tried their ways to take a grip of the woman who had lost her reason. Their expression overlapped with stress and mortally depress.

"Your highness… please stop… ugh!"

"GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU WRENCHES."

A maid who tried to catch Rowena's hand was slapped away and fell down. Another one who ran in was thrown by a gold necklace in the face.

"Arghhh…!"

THUD.

The maid almost lost her balance like her coworkers. She covered her left eye while tears dropped down instantly because of the painful feeling from the injury. Gold necklace was pretty heavy and hard, being thrown in a full force, it could break someone's face easily.

When she couldn't find anything to throw after she had destroyed them all, Rowena rushed to another maid who stood in a corner in fear.

"Your highness… your highness…"

The maid wanted to run away but she couldn't since she would be punished either way. Staying still would get her beaten by Rowena and leaving this bedroom would get her punished by the laws because a maid needed to do their jobs properly… in a situation like this, it's their duty to stop their master.

She dropped her knees down in tears, expecting what was coming for her as Rowena approached with the destructive gaze.

"All you wrenches are fucking annoying!"

SMACK.

The maid didn't even dare to scream. As her face was thrown away by the hard slap, she cried silently. Rowena grabbed her hair violently and raised her hand again.

SMACK.

"Ugh.."

"Die. Just die!"

She raised her hand once again but when she threw it down, something grabbed her wrist tight. Rowena turned around, intended to glare and go after the person too but when she met the face, her eyes vibrated in anxiety.

"Rowena Luz Jersey."

He tightened his grip on the small wrist that swayed around on people's faces and threw things a moment ago. The maids caught the chance to run away. Rowena tried to break free but she was only gripped tighter.

"You're crazier than I thought."

"Let go…"

"You just made someone's eye bleed. Did you see that?" Henry gritted his teeth at the end of his phrase.

"Let go of me…"

Henry raised another hand to grip her neck when Rowena struggled trying to get away. Held it firm and forced her to face him, he said grimly.

"I asked if you see that you hurt someone's eye."

"It's not my problem…!"

"It's not your problem? You're the one who did it. Who taught you that someone got hurt because of you isn't your problem?!"

Rowena bit her lips trying not to surrender to his violence. She looked at him fiercely as his blue pupils flamed anger.

"Why do you care! You also just want to trample me! You're no different… hugh..!"

"Because you deserve it." Henry grabbed her chin and continued.
"And watch your mouth, Rowena Luz Jersey. You don't know what fate you're gonna face in the future."

"Yeah! Bring it on! Trample me all you want! I don't care whatever you all do to me! As long as I have him… you people are nothing! Ugh..!"

"You can't seem to get that man out of your mouth." Henry dragged the woman to the large bed.

"Do you know that people can change?"

"He will never change! He loves me just as much as I love him!"

"Really? But he got a wife who lives with him every day, you're aware of that? Someday the love he had for you will eventually be erased. Who knows?"

Rowena gritted her teeth. Jealousy and upsetness hit her. She was always scared of that. If only she could keep Mikhael to herself alone, no other woman would have him. She loathed that fact.

"And he doesn't look like he loves you. Do your eyes even work? It seems to me that he just can't let go of you because of something. You called that love? You poor thing." Henry grinned.

"He loves me!" Rowena screamed her lung out.

"WE PROMISED! HE PROMISED THAT HIS HEART WILL ALWAYS BELONG TO ME! HE WILL NEVER ABANDON ME!"

"Face the truth." He threw her to the bed.

"I don't know what you had together but that man doesn't love you anymore, kitten."

"That's not it… you don't know about us.. He does… he loves me.."

"Let's say he cares about you. But love? I don't think so."

Tears ran down on her cheeks unknowingly. Rowena threw her hand on his solid chest but the man didn't even tickle, rather he laughed.

"Let us make a bet then, Rowena. We shall wait for his return. You tell him to come at the day we take our leave for the southern. If he comes to save you from me, you're free. But if he didn't come or leave you at the last minute… you must admit that you're not what he needed."

Rowena raised her hand to wipe the teardrops away.

"You'll lose… Mikhael will never abandon me.."

"I hope so." Henry grinned as he lifted up her skirt.

~

"Where do you people come from?"

A firm voice threw itself over the tied people's ears. They lifted their heads to see a tall man looking at them like they were some rats. But rather than giving answer to his question, one of them smirked.

"If you kill us.. war may happen, be wise."

CLANK.

The blade placed its face next to the big talk man's neck as a warning. Mikhael rubbed the blade lightly on his skin, a little of blood showed up as the man bit his lips.

"Is that so?" Mikhael took a step back.
"Did someone with great influence send you people here? To make a mess and blame it on us when we react? How manipulative."

The man smirked but his smile dropped in an instant.

"You seem to forget something. Locate yourselves illegally in another country… do you think the person behind you can get away with it? It against globally laws."

"..."

"Henry Elliott Imogen? The one who sent you here." 

The man's eyes widened in shiver at his question as Mikhael removed his sword from his neck.

"You know it's gonna be a problem when the news went out that the emperor himself sent people to mess around at another country's borderline, right? And coming from your own mouth, the people he sent at that.. do you think he will let you live?"

"..."

"Now, would you rather get killed by me or your emperor?"

Mikhael wiped the blood stained on his blade with a handkerchief and continued dangerously. 

"You will die either way so state your desire."

They flinched at his words.

"Even though I want to know what was the reason why he did all of this for. I'll gladly hand you to him personally."