Chapter 17

Knock. Knock.

The sound of door's knockings asking for permission to enter cut in. Mikhael said out in a firm voice.

"Come in."

It was the butler who entered, Alisa took a step back, giving space for the third party because she was standing in front of his desk.

"Your grace, the imperial guards had come to take her highness back to the palace already."

"What happened?" He raised an eyebrow.

"They didn't tell us anything."

"You can leave now."

"Yes sir."

The butler bowed to the sitting man then the standing woman afterwards before taking his leave. Alisa made eye contact with his firm gaze. Just then Mikhael stated.

"I can't give you love since I'm not planning on loving anyone. As you say, it sounds harsh but you don't have to try your best for this matter, it'll only tire you down. I told you already, Duchess."

"Why?" She took a step forward.
"Because your grace thought it's a waste of my time?"

"Right."

"You let the princess walk all over me… but you won't let me do my one wish?"

Mikhael sighed once again. She didn't seem to get what he was saying.

"Duchess."

"I'll stay here. When she's not around, I will stick to you because I barely get the chance to. I won't care however the Duke feels."

The 6'4 height solid body got up from his seat. Alisa took a breath when he approached her.

"I suggest you do something fun rather than stick to me in my office. Go outside, order clothes, spend money, whatever you desire. There's nothing for you to do here."

"I find it fun being in your presence." Alisa responded without hesitation. She gave him a stern gaze telling him that she would stay here no matter what.

Mikhael stopped talking knowing there was no way to convince her to leave him alone. He went back to his desk, continued his job, letting the stubborn woman do what she wanted.
Alisa sat down on the antique couch. It was a good thing that she had breakfast before coming here. The man put his focus on his paperworks, minutes passed, the room filled with silence. Neither of them said a word, only the sound of breathing was heard. He didn't glance her way either while Alisa looked at him from time to time.

1 hour went by…

2 hours went by…

And 5 hours went by…

Alisa, who had nothing to do but sat all day together with him, plus being ignored by the man, she fell asleep on the couch without her own acknowledgement.

When Mikhael blazed his gaze in her direction, he sighed and looked at the clock on the wall. It was already evening. She hugged herself to sleep without even a fabric to cover herself up. He got up and walked over to the sleeping person.

Why is this woman so stubborn…
She doesn't listen…

"You'll catch a cold." He spoke in a low voice.

The big strong hand lifted the lightweight body up slowly to avoid waking her up. She was in a deep sleep, it didn't look like she would wake up soon.

"No lunch and no dinner either."

He mumbled. She would get sick if she kept on insisting like this. She hadn't eaten lunch just like he did but skipping lunch was only natural for him but her, who always had 3 meals per day.

As he walked by the hallway, with his wife sleeping in his arms, laughter was heard from afar.
When they met the Duke, Mikhael signalled them to keep their voices down and the laughter was cut.

"I'm sorry, your grace."

The maids apologized in a low tone. Mikhael nodded and let them go.

After walking from the side mansion to the main mansion, he went upstairs, and put the woman on her own bed. As he was about to leave in silence, a hand grabbed his shirt lightly.

"Mikhael.."

"You're awake. Go have dinner."

"Will you eat with me?"

"I want to take a shower first, you don't have to wait. I'm not tired as you are. Eat and go to sleep."

"I can wait. I'm not hungry at all."

Just as she said she wasn't hungry, the sound of stomach crumpling was heard right away. Alisa went red because of embarrassment while Mikhael couldn't do anything but sighed, finding her stubbornness unbelievable.

"Let's go eat." He decided.

Leaning his strong body over to her so she could hold onto his neck, the woman did not hesitate to take action. Once again, she was in his arms.

Alisa who looked at the man's handsome face from his side profile, the dim light of love lit up in her black pupils.

"Mikhael, I love you."

The man was a little surprised at her unexpected love confession. He didn't respond but he held her tighter when he took a step downstairs. Alisa kissed his cheek and hugged his neck, feeling his warmth closer, not long after, she opened her mouth and spoke in an affectionate tone again.

"I love you."

"..."

"I love you, Duke."

"That's enough."
He turned to meet her gaze. It was playful as if to tease his limit and she was smiling all lovely.

"But it is the truth. I am in love with you, Mikhael."

"Are you trying to make me guilty?"

Alisa laughed softly.
"No, I am confessing my love to my husband."

"I don't know what to do with you."

"Please love me back."

She found the solution to his cluelessness and answered as fast as thunder. Mikhael looked at the woman who always got an answer to everything in disbelief. Alisa kissed his forehead as the dining room's door was opened by the maids for them.

"I am deeply in love with you, Mikhael."

Her openly confession made the maids stunned. They were blushing on their Duke's behalf. Mikhael didn't know what to say so he just kept silent letting the wife whisper her way to his heart.

"I love Mikhael the most."