Chapter 20

"We've arrived at a chamber."

The carriage door was opened by someone. Alisa smiled at the man who reached his hand out to her. It was already late. They've only reached around ¼ to their original destination. She held his forearm as he helped her get off the carriage. Mikhael's men were busy taking their horses to the chamber's stables and some were taking the luggages inside.

"Here is the key to the room, sir. It's on the 2nd floor."
A male chambermaid handed Mikhael the key with his head bowed down.

"Get us 2 meals. Make it as fast as possible."

"Yessir. I'll prepare it right away. Do you need wine?"

"No. Just normal drinks."

"Yessir."

"Let's go."

"I haven't brought my change yet."
Alisa said to the owner of the large body which is twice bigger than hers.

"I'll bring it for you later. Don't worry."

"Okay."

They went upstairs in silence after that. Mikhael unlocked the room which was prepared for them. It wasn't as splendid as the Duke's mansion, it was neat and clean. Alisa looked around the room. They got a bed large enough to fit her with Mikhael on without a problem, a mirror, and the wall was made soundproof.

"Go take a shower. I'll go take your clothes for you."

"Yes."

Mikhael left, letting her undress her clothes in peace. Alisa took the shower slowly as she felt a relief run through her heart. Finally a peaceful day without the princess. It was peaceful. She felt like she hadn't felt like this for years. When she was done, a white towel was wrapping around her naked body.

"Oh…!"

She screamed under her breath, peeping with Mikhael who sat in silence waiting for her. On the table, there were 2 sets of meals, and the clothes were put on the bed.

"Won't you take a shower first, Duke?"

"No. I have something to discuss with the men. I'll shower when I come back."

"Yes."

"I'll dry your hair."

She took a small towel and handed it to him as he approached her. He took the towel and started wiping the wet hair lightly. Alisa asked after the room filled with silence for a while.

"Have you done this to anyone?"

"Done?"

"Wiping someone's hair."

"Don't ask questions you don't wanna hear the answer."

"Why?"
She peeped at his face, because he's taller than her, even though he was standing behind, she still could look at his face in the mirror with no problem.

"Because I don't want to lie."

Alisa smiled dryly. That means he had done it and it was to nobody else other than Rowena, the woman he has been with from the start.

"Mikhael. Can I know more about you?"

His hands stopped. Alisa continued.

"I want to know more about you… not like this… it feels like you always put on an invisible wall, distance yourself from the world and everyone in it… including me. Your emotions, too, are turned off. What made you like this? I don't know anything about you."

"Knowing it won't change anything. Just live well. Don't involve yourself with me too much. If you feel like giving a chance to someone else, give it to them. I'm happy for you."