Chapter 18

"If you don't wanna be punished by emperor Henry, don't even think about sneaking out."
With a disgusted look on her face, the second princess warned while Rowena sat still on the king size bed glaring at her.
"We're doing this for your sake." The big sister continued.

"For my sake??? It's fucking for your politics!"

"Watch your mouth before I hit the shit out of you. No one is on your side, brat. Crying and asking for fairness wouldn't work."

"Leave!" Rowena screamed at her.

"Yeah, yeah. I will. Why would I waste my time with you?"

When the second princess turned her back and left, the pillows were thrown at her shadow. Rowena dropped down on the bed, anger hit her chest like a rock.

~

Another tomorrow has come.
Alisa woke up next to the firm body of her husband. A smile showed up on her face. Moving closer into his arms, she hugged the half naked man tight.

Just as she hugged him, Mikhael, who was basically a soldier, who was trained day and night, just a light touch alone could wake him up from sleep in an instant. Opening his eyes slowly, two pairs of eyes met when Alisa, who placed her head on his chest, looked up to him as he gazed down at her.

"Ah. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry." She uttered.

"It's okay. Sleep more."
He stroked her head slightly.

They laid silent for a few minutes until the Duke suddenly remembered something, he spoke out. 

"I have something to do at the borderline. It may take a few days. The butler will handle the work here so you don't have to do anything."

Alisa jumped in surprise, she got up to see his face.
"When are you going?"

"Today, at noon."

The woman thought for a second then blurted out without hesitation.
"Can I go with the Duke?"

His eyebrows curled up, looking at her as if he heard something strange, he rejected.
"No. It's not as easy as you think."

"Please let me go with the Duke too. Please."

"It's cold at night and traveling there will be quite dangerous. You should stay home."

"Mikhael…"

She pouted, wearing a begging expression on her face. Seeing her behaving like this again made Mikhael sighed. He can't seem to reject her. Whatever it is, he will end up giving in… just like the kiss, he wasn't supposed to respond to her kiss but he ended up doing it.

"Prepare your belongings. Thick shirts, long dresses, thick gloves and hats are a must."

Alisa smiled happily upon hearing his acceptance. Mikhael continued.

"I'll get up first. Since you go with us, we need a carriage."

"Ah? Are you planning on going there without a carriage?"

He lifted his body up, stroked his hair, and responded.
"Yeah. Going without a carriage is faster." 

Alisa felt a little guilty and embarrassed that she was the reason why his traveling would take more time than usual to arrive but at the same time, she was happy. It was her chance to be with him without any disturbance from Rowena. Mikhael, who was about to take a step, stopped his movement when Alisa spoke out in a fresh tone.

"I love you."

He then pretended like he didn't hear it, turned his destination to the bedroom silently, leaving his stubborn wife to watch him from behind with a big smile on her face.

When the sun rose in the middle of the sky, the traveling preparation had finished. Thirty horses for thirty bodyguards, a cart for the luggages and dry food, and a carriage for the Duchess who was the only woman to travel with all the men.
Alisa walked out in excitement with the greetings of Mikhael's men. Mikhael, who was wearing his haunting costume, with a blade behind his back, approached her.

"Let's go."

Alisa took the hand that gave itself to her. The soldiers got on their horses as the Duke guided his wife to the carriage, when she got in, Mikhael affirmed.

"If you're hungry, want to stop or feeling sick, just tell the driver. He'll signal to us. We'll stop then."

"You're not staying in the carriage?"

"No, I will go by horse with the guards."

"Ah okay."

"I'll close the door now. If something happens outside when we're on the way, don't open the door unless you hear my voice telling you to get out, okay? Just stay still and keep quiet here. If you feel like the carriage is being attacked, scream as loud as you can."

"Yes."

Alisa nodded. When Mikhael made sure she knew what to do while traveling, he pulled the door closed but was stopped by something. He turned back to the woman in the carriage.

"What is it? Do you forget something?"

"Yes, I did…" she looked hesitantly.

"What is it? I'll get it for you."

Instead of an answer, Mikhael's neck was pulled into the carriage. He widened his eyes as small lips covered his. Alisa closed her eyes tight, brushing her tongue over his lips. Mikhael was in a daze because of her boldness but he couldn't help it but kissed her back. Alisa leaked a voice under her breath when he flicked her tongue and sucked it. After a while of smooching one another's tongue, Alisa whispered.

"Please don't get mad."

"... I'll pretend like this didn't happen." He responded sternly.

"Haha."
She laughed softly when she was aware that he let her do whatever she wished because she showed him how upset she was.  
"I love you."

"..."