Chapter 32

2 days later.

As the carriage stopped, someone ran out of the mansion.

"Mikhael…"

Rowena called out to the man on the horse's back. He got off and approached her.

"Your highness?"

"What took you so long? Why is she going with you?"

She gazed at the woman who stood behind him after leaving the carriage anxiously. Mikhael ignored her question.

"What happened? Why are you so pale?"

"Help me…"

The princess held his solid forearm, Alisa sighed at the picture and walked past these two to the mansion silently.

"What is it, your highness?"

"The preparation is already done… I'll leave for the south today. How are you so late?" The woman cried and continued.

"He gave me a bet.. he said that if you go to my palace before the time we have to leave, he won't make me his concubine anymore.. so Mikhael… go with me."

The tall figure freezed a little. His eyes met Alisa's who was listening silently inside their home. She looked upset. Rowena noticed his hesitation, she grabbed his arm and exclaimed.

"Mikhael. Let's go. You're the only one who can help me. I don't want to go with him. I'm scared of him. You're the only one who can help me.."

"Let me talk to Alisa for a second."

As Mikhael was about to take a step, Rowena caught his hand.

"Why? Why do you need to talk to her? What happened between you and her when I wasn't here?"

"Your highness, please calm down."

"Can't a husband talk to his wife, your highness? I am his wife." Alisa stepped up.

"I'm in a hurry.. Mikhael.."

Rowena looked at Mikhael, despair filled her blue eyes.

"One minute late and my life will change forever… How can I calm down?"

Alisa stared at the woman in a stern look. She turned to Mikhael and affirmed.

"Go. I'll be waiting for you at home."

Mikhael was a little stunned. Alisa gave him a bitter smile and turned her back. There was no point in her acting up even if she wanted to.

Alisa sat down on her bed.
She felt a little heavy in her heart.
She didn't really want him to go.

But he said that he wanted to love her.
So she wanted to trust him even if his statement sounded hopeless. Even if he would choose the princess again. 

~

Henry smirked at the present of the two who just walked in. Rowena held Mikhael's arm firmly as she made eye contact with the emperor.

"He came."

"There are two hours left."

"Why is timing important? He already came!"

"To change his mind."

Rowena flinched. She turned to Mikhael.

"Mikhael, don't change your mind okay? You won't change your mind, right?"

Mikhael couldn't respond. It made the princess anxious even more. She pulled his face to hers and cried out.

"What… you never get silent like this.. what happened… What happened when I wasn't there… you can't love her… no what did she do that you became silent to me?? Mikhael…" .