Chapter 24

The tipsy woman bent her back up and down feeling the hot and wet tongue licked and flicked her nipples, the little lips threw moans out unconsciously.

Mikhael sighed at himself. He was supposed to wipe her body and make her sober and here he was.. sucking on her flesh. Lifted his handsome face up while his gaze fixed on the two hardened nipples, he caressed the soft cheeks.

"Alisa. Listen to me."

"Yes…?" She whimpered, rubbing her cheek over the palm that caressed it.

"Let's wipe your body and go to sleep. We can do this later."

"I'm not drunk.. really.."
She tried to get up but Mikhael pushed her back.

"Don't be stubborn and listen to me."

Alisa opened her heavy eyes, trying to look at him, she asked.

"If I listen to you well… will you love me then…?"

His gaze dropped a little at her words. Caressed her flushed cheek silently for a while, he finally opened his mouth, but everything that came off his lips sounded like he was talking to himself rather than her.

"Why do you even love me? What's so good about me..? All you know is my name…"

The drunk woman seemed like she didn't hear his mumble. She kept on rubbing her cheek in his palm while the man looked at her in an unexplainable gaze.

"Don't love me."

"..."

"She is someone I really care about…"

"Hmm…" the drunk Alisa whimpered. What came out his mouth at the moment didn't reach her drunk sense at all.

Mikhael dropped his face onto her shoulder, his voice sounded like he was begging.

"I can't love you.. not yet.. so don't love me right now.." he kissed her shoulder.

"Love somebody else who can repay your affection… just how much I wish I wouldn't have loved her… she's still the person I care about the most.. I can't bring myself to push her away… so don't love me."

"Mm…"

"I'm stuck with the past miserably…"

Mikhael lifted his face from her shoulder and looked at the woman who wasn't supposed to be involved in the mess. The empty expression he always had disappeared. At the moment, he looked like he was in misery, his pupils filled with apologies at the same time. Slowly, he leaned his face over before connecting his lips over hers. He then hugged the drunk sleeping woman tight.

The moment he started to feel like he couldn't reject this woman…
The moment he unconsciously gave in to her…
Mikhael felt a hint of anxiety right after.

He was scared that at the same time he couldn't love her back, he would selfishly need her comfort. He was afraid that all those unacknowledged actions made her fall even more.

"Don't get hurt because of me."

"..."

"Like the sun that always shines and I wish you will stay like that forever. Loving me will just lessen your gracious lovable self."

"..."

"You're not like me. You are free."

A person who was born in a good environment. A person who was raised with affection and love. A person who was cherished. A person who will leave flowers in the life they walk into.

He knew from the day he saw her.

It wasn't how she looked.
But how she behaved.
How she looked at the world, everyone, everything around her.

He thought it was fine to make her stay by his side. Because without love, his mess wouldn't destroy her brightness.

"I know you always see the positive in everything but there's nothing positive about me, my life, and my past… it's all the abyss. The light that shines from you will eventually one day be covered in the darkness if you don't give up on your feelings for me now. I don't want to destroy you too…"

~

"Ahh… my head hurts…"

Alisa mumbled as she got up from her sleep. The smell of alcohol coming from her own self made the woman wants to puke.

"Ackkk…!"

"What happened?"

She turned to look at the voice's owner. It was Mikhael in his pajamas. Her forehead curled up as well as her eyebrows.

"Mikhael? When did you come back?"

"Who do you think brought you here?"

"Ahh… is it you?"

She tried to laugh awkwardly while she actually screamed inside. She wanted to jump out of the window right now. She drank with the men and Mikhael saw that… and what did she do when she was unconscious?? She wanted to die just thinking about it.

"Don't worry, you didn't do anything embarrassing."

As if he had seen through her, Mikhael affirmed and it made things worse. Alisa threw her face into the pillows.

"I prepared the bath for you. I couldn't wipe you last night because you kept on touching my bottom."

"....!" Alisa turned red. Didn't he just say she didn't do anything embarrassing??

"Get up now. Do you need help?"

"No… it's okay…!"

When she stood up so fast, dizziness hit her. Feeling like she was going to fall off the bed, two solid hands held her body in place. Alisa opened her eyes to see Mikhael's eyes frowned at her clumsiness.

"I know you're always excited without a reason but please be careful. You're gonna hurt yourself." Said him with another frown.

"No.. it's not like that…! Who said I'm always excited without a reason…!?"

"Your personality said so."

She went speechless at his dry sarcastic response.

"I'll take you to the bathroom. Hold my neck."

He then lifted her up as she wrapped her hands around his neck. The light smell of his usual perfume felt in her nose, a tingling feeling ran through her heart.

It seems like he has gotten gentler…
He talked to her more and he showed his emotions from time to time too…
He didn't do this at first..

Is he unconsciously putting his guard down around her?
Did she make him like this without his own acknowledgement…?