Chapter 35

A large figure was seen sitting in his study alone, reviewing his paperwork after having breakfast with his wife. He wore a black gothic shirt.
The room was decorated in silence as he focused on his work, only the sound of his fingers touching the papers was heard.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Who is it?" The man lifted his gaze.

Someone opened the door hesitantly, peeping two eyes behind the door.

"It's me."

A smile appeared on his face as the small figure of Alisa did a tiptoe run to him. He pushed his chair back a little so the woman could come between and sit on his lap.

"What are you doing here?"

He asked when she sat comfortably as she held his neck.

"I have nothing to do."

"Then do you want to help me finish these paperworks?"

He glanced at the papers on the desk. Alisa nodded.

"Okay."

She took a load of papers and got off his lap but her little waist was grabbed. Alisa looked at him puzzled.

"I will sit on the coach doing these paperworks."

"Just sit here."

"You will get cramps."

"Don't worry. I'm a soldier for a reason."

He claimed as his nose caressed her nape. Alisa got goosebumps from his hot breath. She didn't mind sitting on his lap all day though.

Mikhael took the paper to review again as Alisa did the same. As time passed by, her head slowly dropped on his shoulder while his large hand supported her body from behind. His body was large so she could do whatever she wanted comfortably in his arms without having to worry about falling off. When she was done with the papers in her hand, she gave it to Mikhael so he could sign it. They repeated the same thing over and over again. The work for today ended faster than usual since there were two people who did it.

"Are you tired?"

He asked when she closed her eyes with her head on his chest.

"Khal's scent makes me sleepy."

"Then should we take a nap?"

"Are you sleepy too?"

Mikhael didn't respond. He just got up carrying her in his arms, took a few steps and put himself on the coach with her on top.

"Let's sleep until there's another report paper coming."

Alisa covered his lips with hers, sucking his bottom lips lightly for a while then pulled away. She rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes as the man patted her head. Mikhael looked at the ceilings and lost in thought. Not long after, he fell asleep soundly along with his wife.

"Mikhael, you promised that you will never leave me… how could you leave me…?"

A little girl showed up in blood covered her body, looking straight at him, her eyes filled with tears. Mikhael felt his breath run out. His chest pounded so fast that he couldn't find a word to respond to her.

"Liar…"

The man opened his eyes to see the ceilings in panic. Sweat covered his forehead and his hands trembled. Looking down to see the woman who was in a deep sleep on top of him, Mikhael hugged her tightly to calm the fear in his pounding heart down.

"Ha.."

Rowena.
She had a big impact on his life. Whether it was a good or a bitter memory, she was there, always.