Chapter 42

The first thing they had to do was summon every single person in this land to the execution. Everybody, who were the former princesses' knights, stood at the highest position as Killian had a bunch of criminal records documents in his hand. 

Mikhael, on the other hand, was standing at the execution ground holding a blade, waiting for the hostages to be arrived. Killian then asked for people's attention and read the criminal records loudly before he announced the imperial family's execution. After he was done, the hostages were being dragged by chains sucked on their hands and necks. All of them glared at the man who was the one to betray them and convinced his friends to do the same.

"You bastard…"

Mikhael ignored their curses and glaring. The soldiers made them kneeled down facing thousands of people as Mikhael moved behind the emperor and other 4 soldiers stood behind the Princesses. They did not bother letting them leave their last words nor apologize. Mikhael raised his sword along with the soldiers and before anyone could blink, a load of blood threw itself on the ground with the sound of heads dropping from its necks.

Rowena, who was watching everything from her windows, kept silent. Seeing the man who gave up on her brutally, her chest tightened but she was too tired of everything to even shed a tear. When she turned around, Henry was looking at her.

"We will go back to the south sooner than expected. The political affair here has nothing to do with us anymore. Anything is up to them. I will think about being united again when they're done remaking the laws."

"..."

"Or do you want to stay here a little longer?"

He got up from his seat and approached her.

"I prefer you talk back and glare at me the way you did before. Don't be silent as if I'm nothing to you."

"..."

"I've done so much to you. I have shown you how cruel I can be… but there are some parts of me that I haven't had the chance to show you yet."

"..."

"It does not matter to me, your majesty. Just do like you always did. For God's sake, I don't care."

Caressing the swollen stomach of the woman who gazed outside the windows, he responded.

"What should I do? I want to make up for it. Anything is fine. Tell me."

"..."

"We're having a child, Rowena. They're growing here." He kept his palm on her tummy.

"I have no intention of letting the woman who bore my child go. You'll be my wife and the empress of my country and right at this moment you're the one bearing my hereditary prince or princess."

"I refused."

She responded shortly, took a deep breath then finished her phrase.

"You got a harem for yourself. They can bear countless children for you. Your majesty is an emperor, you aren't that desperate."

"I don't want their children."

"..."

"I'll get rid of the harem when we get back. There is no need for them anymore since I have you now."

"..."

"And that's why I want to make up for everything.."

"Did you not hear me, your majesty? I refused."

Rowena stared at him, her blue eyes filled with nothing, not even resentment was shown.

"Please reconsider."

But the man did not want to give up.

"I could do anything to pay back for what I've done so please reconsider your decision."

~

Alisa sat in her room with a plate of fresh strawberries on top of her thighs. She was waiting for her husband to come back home. 

"What are you doing?"

A large hand caressed her head as if it was patting a little kid. Alisa turned to see the hand's owner with a smile on her face.

"Welcome back."

"Yes."

He kissed her cheek then proceeded to peck another kiss on her strawberry flavour lips.

"You're craving for strawberries today?"

"Mm-hm."

"Is there anything else you want to eat?"

Alisa thought for a second then blurted out in laughter.

"I'm carving for my husband's kiss."

Mikhael couldn't help but pinched her cheek lightly as a punishment for her sly little joke but he went with her flow. He kneeled down on the floor, looked into her adorable eating face.

"Only kiss?"

Alisa shook her head with strawberry in her mouth.

"No, I want everything."

"Everything? Really?"

The man ran his lips on her slender forearm with a playful smile, teasing the chuckling lady.

"Everything!"

She repeated her words delightedly and accepted his passionate lips that went to hers. After a while of tongue's mixing, he said in a low tone.

"Someone has become a strawberry now."

Her tongue tasted just like the fresh strawberries she had eaten. Alisa gave him a childlike smile before he took her lips again but hotter this time. The veiny hand took the strawberry plate away then rolled the hem of her dress up. He was kneeling between her opened legs as she sat on a chair. Alisa felt the cold on her thighs before the sensation of his venomous palms caressing it lightly yet effectively hot.

"Ah… the physician said we can't do it anymore.."

Mikhael nodded when his lips went down for her smooth thigh.

"I am aware, Alisa."

He sucked on the flesh and left a mark before he continued.

"I just don't have to put it in, is it not?"

Her face went red in an instant. She didn't even know what he was going to do yet she was all flustered. His smirking eyes made her inside feel tingling and the thought of him caressing her body with a swell tummy looked so weird in her imagination.

"Mikhael… doing something like this when I'm carrying a baby.. I feel so embarrassed.. with my belly like this… it will look weird..."

Mikhael chuckled on her thighs, making the woman shiver when his hot breath fell on her skin.

"My wife doesn't know anything…" 

As he said that, he started running his lips forward, making his way up to her underwear. Alisa covered her face in embarrassment.

"What part of it looks weird, hmm?"

"I don't know…"

"I'd embrace you everyday if it does not tire you out."