Chapter 46

"Daddy's home. Say welcome home, dadyy~"

Alisa, who lifted the child to meet his father's smiley face, told her baby to talk to his dad while another one of them was in Mikhael's arms. The child who barely opened their eyes from sleeping laughed when his father blew kisses to him. Mikhael lifted the baby in his arms to the air, making the little soul laugh excitedly.

The laughter was heard through the whole room. The babies were so excited playing with their dad. Mikhael, who was stronger than his dear wife, could play with the boys more, it's only natural that he did play what she could not with them.

Creak.

"Your grace, it is time for young masters' baths."

The nannies who came in stated with their heads bowed down before approaching and took the children from the couple. When they left, Mikhael hugged Alisa's small waist.

"Are you tired?"

She asked while her fingers caressed his face. Mikhael closed his eyes feeling her touch before responding with a teasing smile.

"I'm not. I have a long way to go tonight."

Alisa turned red in an instant. The way she blushed and avoided eye contact made the man chuckle. Tracing his breath on her flustered cheek, he said.

"You're blushing again.. and then you pull the most sensual act on me."

"I did not.."

"You did not?"

Alisa felt her face burning from his teasing. She avoided his eyes at all cost, she was so lovely that it made the man want to eat her up.

"Have you eaten yet?"

His low and alluring voice gave her goosebumps. Alisa wrapped her hands around his neck and responded.

"Yes. What about you?"

"I've done the same. I ate with the emperor and other dukes."

"Looks like it's still as busy as usual.."

"That's true. We require a lot of time to make this country stand tall again in the near future."

"Then.. embrace me."

Even her face flushed red like a tomato, she continued.

"I was waiting for you the whole day."

"Hahaha. Roger, my lovely lady, I'll embrace you all night."

His lips placed on her collarbone. Alisa let out a soft laugh when he bit her lightly on the nape.

"As I look at it, our babies resemble you a lot… it's not fair at all.." Alisa mumbled.

"They will grow up handsomely like me then." He responded.

The woman giggled at his answer and went along with it.

"We have to build a stronger gate so it won't break when all the ladies climb up to see our sons."

"I think so."

He agreed as he put her down to bed. Alisa ruffled his hair, accepting his lips steamingly.

~

Rowena, who was watching the maids taking care of her little daughter, took a step back and sat down on a couch. She did nothing. All day long, all she did was watch the garden view from the window, read some books and play with her child to kill time. Henry hadn't let her touch any documents nor send the empress's education teachers to teach her anything as she was still emotionally unstable. He told her that the political works weren't so much that he couldn't take control of it alone, the important step he looked forward to was her recovering her mental health. Rowena stared at the ceilings for so long that she didn't know when she fell asleep. The moment she woke up, the sun had gone with darkness covering the earth instead.. and with two solid hands wrapped around her body at that.

She looked at the man who hugged her solidly and sighed. He's so persistent. He wouldn't give up no matter what.

"Ha.."

"...what happened?"

Rowena almost jumped when a sleepy voice suddenly rose up as Henry was checking if she was hurt anywhere.

"I'm good, your majesty."

She affirmed her own condition so he would stop checking her left and right.

"Can you not sleep?"

"It's only natural. I slept through the whole day.."

"Sleep some more."

He pulled her back to bed.

"Tomorrow, we will have your piano class so you won't be bored anymore. Moreover, they said playing piano can get into the depth of one's heart and they will pour it out in the music they're playing… I thought this would be good for you since you don't want to tell me everything that happened to you."

"..."