Side story 1

"So the south decided to unite with us."

Affirmed Killian, the emperor, to the men in the meeting. As he tapped his finger on the table, he continued.

"They will arrive a week later. Both the emperor and the empress. The national ball will be hosted for 2 whole weeks. We will be busier."

"Yes, your majesty."

There was no opposition. They've been discussing politics for a whole hour and ended the discussion with the unite matter. After everybody left, there was just Mikhael and the emperor alone.

Killian glanced at the man who picked paperworks on the tables.

"As you're aware, the 5th princess will come with her husband. Are you comfortable seeing her again?"

"I have no problem with it. But I'm not quite sure about my wife. They have openly hated one another because of me. I haven't talked to her yet."

"It's better to decide things with maturity. It has been years after all."

"I believe that the empress will be the one who feels uncomfortable. I don't think the relationship between us will improve and there is no need to."

Killian let out a light laugh.

"I didn't expect to hear that Rowena has matured. She still needs guidance of course but she has become so much different now."

"So she settled with him."

Mikhael mumbled before continuing.

"That's quite a surprise. Their relationship started from a bad impression. With her personality, to think she settled with the southern emperor, he must be taking care of her pretty well."

"Since you know her better than everyone, if you say it was a surprise then I should be surprised too. But people changed, you know. Sooner or later, there will be something for us to change for the better."

Mikhael let out a soft laugh. He, too, had changed. He lived half of his life depended on fate. He never made a decision of his own. But because of a certain person, he has done so many things he never imagined himself doing.

"I'm glad that she's happy now."

One week after.

Plenty of carriages had arrived at the imperial palace's space. A large body covered under the emperor's dazzling costume took his step out of the most eye-catching carriage before reaching out one of his hands to the woman who got off right after him. The other one was carrying a little blonde baby girl who looked so adorable with her twintails deluxe.

As her foot stepped on the ground, she held her emperor husband's forearm. Rowena never thought that one day, she would become a foreigner to her own country. This place was her home before but right now it is a resident of other people. Glancing around for a while, she met a similar gaze.

It was Mikhael Elias-zo's.
He stood next to the new emperor of her home and not far from him, it was her love rival from years ago, with two sons holding her hands. Rowena moved her eyes past both spots as if she didn't witness them. Henry encountered Killian. As they were exchanging welcoming words, Killian interacted with the cute little girl on Henry's shoulder.

"It has been a long while, your highness, the empress."

Killian turned to the former princess of this country who had become another country's most respected woman and a foreigner to her own country. Rowena gave him a smile. She met him quite often since he was her 1st sister's knight.

"We have already prepared your residence. It is located at the west palace. I hope you will like it."

Mikhael approached his wife and sons before carrying both of them as Alisa walked next to him. Alisa, too, didn't like the idea of seeing Rowena again. She knew Mikhael had moved on and he loved her now, it is just that Rowena's past actions toward her were too much to let go. She couldn't forget the provoking expression, words and actions Rowena was trying to trample her away from Mikhael. Alisa didn't hold grudges against the woman either, it was just an unforgettable memory and she believed that she didn't need to forgive and make up with Rowena to stay on good terms. They could just go on with their individual lives.

"Are you okay?" Worried Mikhael.

"Yes, don't worry." Alisa smiled at her husband.

"You don't have to force yourself."

"Haha. I'm not forcing myself."

He kissed her head after her response. As they walked behind their emperor and the Southern's royal family, the couple shared a lovely conversation to light up the mood.

Mikhael had told her that she didn't have to come if she didn't want to but Alisa, however, denied saying she was okay with it. To be exact, she really is. She didn't loath the other woman. All to it was the unpleasant memory that she didn't want to forget. Rowena's actions were pretty harsh and she hadn't apologized for it once. And it's not like Alisa wanted it either, they could be this way, just living their own lives.

But on the other hand, their two sons looked so interested in the blonde little princess. They kept looking at her from afar. When Henry moved to somewhere with the princess on his shoulder, their puppy eyes moved along with him.

"Shall we have dinner together?"

Killian asked both families. Alisa was puzzled while Rowena stayed silent behind Henry.

"That's good. Let's have a toast with the other politicians too." Responded Henry.

"Yes. They will arrive at the setting hour. Your majesties should take a rest, the maid will take care of the princess."

Henry handed the little princess to a maid and took their leaves after saying goodbye to Killian and the Elias-zo family. Henry was the one to do the talking.

"My empress and I shall take our leaves now. See you tonight."

"Yes."

Mikhael nodded with a smile. Then two maids came to take the two children from him so he could rest with Alisa.

"You and the Duchess go rest too. I told them to prepare a room for you already." Said Killian.

"Thank you, your majesty."

Killian nodded to Alisa's gratitude. They took their leaves not long after the other couple left.