Chapter 41

"... you're okay…!"

She cried out as she rushed to the man. Mikhael hugged her tightly into his solid chest.

"I'm sorry. I made you worry."

His lips caressed her hair. The fragrant flower scent that stained his sense of smell made his heart relieved.

"How could you come back… they said we lost…"

"It was a lie. We made up a lie to fool the emperor. I decided to side with the south…"

Alisa was a bit stunned. She looked at him perplexed. Mikhael held her cheeks and explained.

"That fool had done so many evil things and ruined a lot of people's lives… he ruined my mother too.. She was never able to be happy. Moreover… I want to come back to you.. if I don't do this, I will leave you and our baby alone.. I can't do that.."

At the end of his phrase, he looked into her teary eyes. Alisa bursted out into tears again. She hugged him and cried.

"Thank you.. thank you for what you've done. Thank you for coming back to me.. hik.. I was scared. I was really scared."

"I could turn this empire upside down if it is the only way for me to be with you.."

He whispered in the space between her shoulder and nape. Mikhael tightened his hug.

"Alisa.. I can't live without you anymore."

"Me too… I can't live without you too."

Mikhael kissed the tears away from her face as the pregnant woman was sobbing.

"Don't cry. Please?"

"I'm sorry… I thought you would never come back… that's why.. hugh.."

"I will do anything to hold on to you."

He lifted her chin up, making her face him in the eyes.

"Because I love you."

Her heart hurt so bad hearing what left his lips. Tears left her swollen red eyes. The cry became heavier, she responded back as her body shook.

"I love you too… I love you so much.."

Mikhael lifted his emotional wife, carried her from the door to the king size bed before putting her down slowly. Her tummy has gotten bigger as months passed. He touched the swollen belly carrying another life then placed a kiss on it.

"I won't die. I won't leave you alone. I won't let anything happen to you. I won't let you face what my mother faced. I will exist to love and cherish you until you tell me to let you go."

Alisa caressed his hair as tears kept running off her pretty eyes.

"How could I tell you so… when I am deeply in love with you... I will never want you to be apart from me.. I love you so much."

The man held her elegant hand slowly raising it to his lips before running kisses on it.

"I love you too."

He would die if she told him to.
That's how much he yearned for her.

In the darkness he couldn't find a way to get out, this woman found him. She made him want to live for himself again when he had long given it up.

He was just existing because he existed before he met her.
He was breathing because he hadn't yet to die. But when she came around… he felt like could start his life over again and that was when he realized that a broken person like him needed someone like this precious gem who was crying her heart out in front of him at the moment.