1.

Evelyn Johnson
December 20th
3:15pm.

"Whew it's cold as hell outside" Denise my coworker said walking behind her register.

"I know my favorite season" I smiled.

"Who just like winter?"

"Me" i smiled proudly.

"Of course"

I chuckled. "You took your break at a good time we just had a big rush"

"Good. I don't feel like doing anything. I just had me a good juicy burger and girl it was so good. "

"That sounds so good but I'm on a diet. "

"Diet? Girl why"

"Look at me. I need a diet"

"Girll.." She dragged. "You're not big you thick with that big ole booty"

I laughed. "Thank you. But I do still need to stick to my diet. As much as I want a burger right now I don't need it. "

"You know I really wanna fight you sometimes. I hate that you think so low of yourself. You're sexy girl"

"Thank you"

"Even though you don't believe me"

Me and Denise been working in Burlington for about 2 years now. She trained me when I first started working here and now she was my best friend.

"Aye ma"

I looked up to see a man staring directly at me.

Maybe he's talking to someone else.

"Yeah I'm talking to you ma" He said again.

I looked up again to see him looking down at the list of perfumes we had.

"Ou girl he fine.." Denise said.

"Shut up."

I walked around the register over to where he was. He was busy still looking at the perfumes so I cleared my throat making myself known.

"Can I help you with anything?"

He looked up at me and licked his lips and looked back down at the perfume.

"Yea.. which one you recommend. "

"Well if you're looking for something for your girl I recommend these down here" I walked down the isle and he followed me.

"These. " I pointed. "These are our newest ones that we just got in. I like this strawberry one it smells good."

He chuckled. "I'm single ma. This for my moms and sister"

"Oh I'm sorry.. well these are the best choices"

"Preciate it. What's your name?"

"Um why?"

"I can't know your name?"

"Evelyn.."