7.

Evelyn
9:30pm

Christmas was officially over and everybody was now gone. Me, Denise, Elise , Tamika and Janet were in the kitchen putting the food up.

"Okay I'm not eating left overs for 3 days. Only tomorrow and this shit is going in the trash" Denise said.

"Girl don't throw this good food in the trash. Are you crazy?" Janet said making me chuckle

"I know that's right. That's who be wasting food right there" Tamika said.

"I'll eat it for two days and then it's gotta go. " Elise said

"Tuh. Now all this cake I'll eat that up" Denise said.

"I bet your fat ass well" Tamika said making me laugh.

My phone started ringing on the counter as I was putting the food up.

"Ouuu best it's your man.." Denise teased

"Man? Since whennnn!"

"Don't worry I'll catch you up on the tea girl."

I chuckled drying my hands off and grabbed my phone going into the living room alone.

I answered the FaceTime call as I sat on the couch. It connected and Andre popped up rolling a blunt.

"You busy ma?"

"Not really.. I was helping put the food up. They told me I could answer for you so it's okay"

"You sure? You can call me back if you need too"

"I'm sure" I smiled.

"Aight. How was your day mama?"

"It was good. I actually got a lot of gifts today which I didn't expect. I only expected to get gifts from two people and I didn't. "

"And why was that a surprise?"

"I don't know it just was. "

"It shouldn't be. It means you got people that care about you ma"

"Yeah I know. I realized that today. I have a lot of people that care about me"

"Including me."

"You care about me?" I raised an eyebrow

"Of course I care about you mama. "

"You just met me though.." I chuckled.

"I can still care about you. "

I heard a door open and somebody got in talking loudly.

"Man let's go"

"What happened?" Andre asked.

"She tripping man and I'm trying my best not to put my hands on her real shit. So take me home for I blow this house up"

"Ight man. " Andre said as he started the car up.

"Aye who you on the phone with?"