19.

Friday Morning
Evelyn's 22nd birthday
10:30am

Omniscient

Evelyn woke up to the sun shinning in the room and groaned putting the covers over her head. After 5 mins she took the cover off her head checking the time and date seeing that it was 10:35am and it was her birthday. She then turned over to see no Andre making her frown. Andre never got up this early in the morning so she didn't understand why he was up now.

Maybe he's at work. She thought.

She turned over grabbing her phone off the charger to see a card under her phone. She picked up the card and read it.

Dear Babygirl,

Happy birthday beautiful. I know you probably wondering where I am since I'm never up this early. I had to handle some stuff for work this morning. I hate that I had to do this though but it's important. But since I couldn't spend the day with you, Denise said she would and I'll see you later tonight and we can go out for dinner. So what I want you to do for me is get up take a shower and put something comfy on that you don't mind getting dirty. When you go into the bathroom you will see another card. . Read that to know what to do next.

Evelyn smiled to herself. Even though Andre wasn't spending the morning with her she would still see him and that's all that matters. But she did wonder how he knew what time she was going to get up. As Evelyn put the card back on her night stand her phone started to ring with an incoming FaceTime call from Denise.

Denise🤍.
Would like to FaceTime

She answered it and Denise popped up doing her hair in the bathroom.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIEEE! " She screamed making Evelyn chuckle.

"Thank you" Evelyn smiled.

"How does it feel to be 22?"

"Feels good. I feel like a brand new person. Anything that happened when I was 21 doesn't matter anymore" Evelyn smiled.

"That's right. " She smiled. But I was also calling you to make sure you were up cause we have a lot to do today"

"What are we doing today?"

"Don't worry about it. Just know it's going to be a long and fun day. "

"Well okay then I better start getting ready"

"Mhm you should. Call me when you ready though"

"Okay I will. "

Evelyn and Denise exchanged a few more words before hanging up. Evelyn then put her phone to the side and got up and started to make up her bed. As she was making up her bed she couldn't help but smile. Today was about to be the best birthday for her she just knew it. Even if she wasn't spending time with Andre most of the day but at least she was spending time with her best friend.

After making her bed up she grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom to see another card stuck to the mirror. She quickly grabbed it reading it.

Bout time you done seen this. I know you had to have to lil girl talk with Denise. Smh should've been ready by now. Go ahead and take a shower mama and remember to put on something comfy.