2.

Evelyn

"Hand me them candy canes" Denise said

"Eve"

"Evelyn!" She called snapping me out my phone.

"Huh? I'm sorry. " I placed my phone down.

"You good. Hand me them candy canes"

I grabbed the candy canes and handed them to her and watched as she placed them on the tree.

"Girl who got your attention.. you never glued to your phone like that. "

"Just a friend"

"And who's this friend that I don't know about?"

"Remember the dude at the story that called me over to ask for perfume?"

She nodded. "Yeah"

"Well after I finished checking him out he asked for my number. At first I didn't want to give it to him but something just told me to go for it and I did."

She turned around with her mouth opened making me chuckle. "For real?"

"Yes.." I chuckled.

"Bitch whats his name?" She rushed over to me and sat down on the couch.

"DeAndre"

"Okay okay. He fine and his name cute"

I laughed. "He's really cool so far.. but I'm just talking to him as a friend. I'm not trying to get with him"

"Wait. What do you mean something told you to give him your number?"

"I don't know something just told me to. Like.. I don't really know how to explain it"

"Maybe it's fate. Maybe he could be the one Eve"

"No.. don't say that. We just getting to know each other"

"I understand that. But you never know it could be fate"

"I know.. "

I really thought it was fate too but I didn't want Denise to know that. I didn't want her to get hype about it and it never happens. And plus he's probably just being nice to me because he feels bad.

"Has he told you about hisself yet?"

"Yeah. His name is Deandre, he has one sister and she's 17. He owns a couple clubs and sells buildings and he's 22.

"Oh he's a year older than you"

"Yeah he is. "

"Aww I'm so happy. This might be the one.. I really think he is"