5.

Every time I write a chapter to this book I get so emotional.. lol.

I relate to Evelyn's character so much.. I'm glad y'all love this book because this book means a lot to me.

But enough with my emotional talk here's another chapter for y'all. 😘

DeAndre
Christmas Day
11am

"Merry Christmas ma" I spoke walking into the kitchen

"Merry Christmas baby" She turned around and smiled.

I kissed her forehead and gave her a hug.

"Ma you got it smelling good in here. What's on the menu for today?"

"We having some turkey, ham , Mac and cheese , greens , dressing , fresh corn and cornbread and for dessert I'm making a pound cake with icing "

"Oh yea I'm finna eat good today" I smiled.

"You sure are."

"When auntie and unc coming?"

"They should be ok their way now. Your other aunt carol coming too"

"So who all coming all together?"

"Tiffany, Earl, Carol , Chris , Tyler , Mont , VonTae. Same people just added carol"

"Oh Ight cool then"

"Good morning! Merry Christmas" Selena said joyful.

"Merry Christmas baby. "

"Merry Christmas lil sis. "

"Mama you need some help? That's the only reason why I'm up this early"

"I figured you were up early for a reason. Help me scrape this corn off the cobe "

"Yeah I know Andre isn't any help by standing here"

"Shut up. " i mushed her head. "Ma I'm finna go chill in the living room"

"Okay baby"

I walked out the kitchen and walked down the hall to the living room and sat down on the couch. I took my phone out my pocket and unlocked it seeing a message from Evelyn.

Last night after our deep conversation we ended up falling asleep on the phone by accident. I thought she was gone hang up this morning when she woke up but she didn't. She stayed on the phone until I woke up. We told each other goodmorning and then exchanged a few more words until we both had to go.

I ain't gone lie it felt good as hell waking up and she was still on the phone. Had a nigga smiling hard as hell. Since she had to cook and I had to be here we had no choice but to hang up but if we didn't have to do anything today we would've still been on the phone now.

I opened Evelyn's message to see what she said.

LilMama❤️

How's your Christmas going so far?

It's cool ain't nothing started yet. I'm the first one at my ma house. That food in the kitchen smelling good as hell though.