- HONDA HITOMI -

"Tomi-chan~~ Give me another one."

The caramel-haired girl let out a sigh as she grabbed a bottle from the shelf behind her, walking over to the woman at the far end of the booth to fill up her glass again.

"Put it-"

"On the tab, I know."

The woman drunkenly smiled at the part-time bartender, "oh~ you know me so~~ well..."

'I don't know if putting drinks on a tab constantly is a good thing to know of someone...'

"Over here miss!"

Hitomi glanced over to see a man raise his hand for a drink and she flinched as the woman yelled out as she left.

"Hey, don't mess with my daughter all right?"

'I hate it here.'

Hitomi walked over to the man as he raised his eyebrow, "what can I get for you sir?"

"She's your mother, kid?"

"Don't talk about my mother."

"Ah, of course... I'd like a shot of Shochu." (Distilled Japanese alcohol)

"Coming right up, would you like me to put it on a tab?"

"Yeah, for [INSERT NAME HERE]."

Hitomi made the drink for the man, continuing to serve other customers at the booth throughout the night.

Why was she working at a bar, you ask?

Well, there was no other part-time job nearby, and her mother was already a patreon here so she got hired easily.

She really had no other choice, although she hated the stench of alcohol and drunk people.

~ ~ ~

"Be safe when going home alright kid?"

Hitomi nodded at an older co-worker, dragging her mother out the bar by the crook of her elbow.

"I will, you too."

"Tomi-chan~~~~"

"Yes, Mom?"

"You're the best."

"Thanks Mom."

Hitomi securely held her mother to try and decrease the amount of sway in her walking as they slowly went down the street.

"When do you think your dad's going to come home, Tomi?"

'He left a long time ago, Mom.'

Hitomi put up a reassuring smile, "he's going to come home soon, Mom, don't worry."

The walk home was much longer than it needed to be, filled with drunken, one-sided conversation.

'I'm getting tired of her shit...'

~ ~ ~

"Tomi-chan..."

Hitomi glanced at her mother, freezing as she rubbed her head endearingly.

"You grew up so well... My musume..." (Daughter in Japanese)

The college sophomore felt a child-like flutter in her heart before she pulled away from her mother's touch, "you should sleep Mom, get some rest."

Hitomi quickly went to her room, wanting to get rid of the stench of alcohol as quickly as possible.

'Mom...'

...

'You weren't always like this.'

As she finished showering, Hitomi took out her schoolwork, sitting at her desk and studying for the night.

She let out a yawn, her eyes slowly closing as her head rested on her arms on the desk.

You grew up so well... My musume...

____

HONDA HITOMI

20

5'2

College sophomore

Mom has a drinking problem, dad not in picture

Part-times at a bar because she couldn't get any other close-by job and her mom's a patreon there so they hired her quickly 🚶

Takes care of her mom because her mom wasn't like this when she was a kid

But she's still tired of her mom's shit 💀

Shocked but glad for the sudden change of people taking care of her and her having fun during IZ*LAND