- 43 -

TIMESKIP 5 MONTHS...

"That movie was awesomeee."

"Yeahhh, I wasn't expecting the ending though."

The two tall girls walked out of the movie theater, arms linked together with their steps in sync.

As the cool night breeze hit them, both of them shivered, pulling closer to each other as they went farther from the theater.

"Thank you, for today."

Yujin chuckled, "of course, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"Wonyoung!"

The duo turned around to see a man wave from near the parking lot, the older of the two mumbling as they began to walk over after Wonyoung acknowledged him.

"Ah- Hey Appa!"

"Oh yeah, you're going over to your dad's this weekend..."

Wonyoung glanced over, a hint of worry in her voice as Yujin looked straight ahead.

"Are you gonna be okay?"

Yujin took a couple moments to answer in a low voice after weakly chuckling, "yeah... Yeah I'll be fine."

Wonyoung hesitantly nodded, looking up as they approached the man, "hi Appa."

Yujin unlinked her arm from Wonyoung and bowed towards him, "hello Mr. Jang."

"Hello you two... Had fun today?"

The bunny hugged the puppy's arm, "yeah we had a lot of fun, the movie was good too."

Her father nodded, "that's good to hear..."

He glanced over to Yujin, it was the first time he saw her since he had found out who she was. Remorse coursed through him, he felt the need to talk, to do something.

"Yujin, right?"

"Nae."

The man lifted his hand, hesitant on what to do.

Yujin tilted her head as she looked at the lingering hand, "what's wrong, sir?"

"Yujin..."

He slowly, gently, rested his hand on her shoulder, ready to pull away if the girl showed any signs of discomfort with the small gesture.

Yujin subtly tensed, "yes sir?"

"I'm... so sorry... On what I did to you and your family."

After hearing those words, the girl relaxed, staying quiet for a moment before smiling at him.

"It's alright sir. Accidents... can happen."

She then chuckled, startling the Jangs as she glanced at Wonyoung, "and besides, I might not have met Wonyoung if it wasn't for that... I'm trying to look at the brighter side of things from here on out."

To that, Wonyoung smiles at the puppy while her father nods, squeezing her shoulder before letting go.

"That's a nice way to look at life..."

"Yujin-ah!"

The called girl looked around before spotting her father walk over, grinning with a wave.

"Hi Appa!"

But then she glanced back at Wonyoung's father, seeing a sad look growing in his eyes as her own father came closer.

"Sir?"

Wonyoung's dad gave her a smile, "yes, Yujin?"

"Would you... like to talk to my dad?"