- 6 -

...

...

...

"How was... your day?"

The dancer spared a glance at the gamer as they walked in silence down the hall, letting out a puff of air before muttering a monotone answer.

"Same old same old."

"Would you like to elaborate more? If not, that's cool too."

A few moments passed before Chaeyeon sighed, "I woke up, went to school, went to work, went home to do my homework, and slept."

"You seem to not like that."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you want some fun in your life?"

"I'm fine with how things are right now."

"Hmmm... Okay then."

A tense silence followed, the Japanese gamer humming some tune as they turned a corner.

"... How was your day?"

Sakura was surprised by the younger woman's sudden initiation to make conversation, "well I streamed a new game today..."

"You probably suck."

Chaeyeon startled from Sakura's laugh, "yeah I probably do."

'She thinks so too??? Then why do it?'

The dancer stared in perplexity as Sakura held a soft smile on her face, "but hey, it's what I love doing. I'm having fun alongside bringing fun to others. If I didn't like it, why would I do it in the first place?"

Chaeyeon looked away when Sakura turned to face her, the older girl tilting her head, "isn't that why you do your job? Because you like doing it?"

"..."

"Chaeyeon?"

"I do it because it makes money."

'Barely any money.'

"You're a dance teacher right?"

"Yes."

Sakura put her index finger to her chin, "hmmm last time I checked, they don't make that much money to live comfortably, let alone if you're a college student and working only part-time."

(I have no idea, it may be different in Korea? I also haven't taken account on the differences between experience, location, etcetc)

Chaeyeon scoffed, "and when was the 'last time you checked'?"

"Today."

The dancer stared at Sakura, "why?"

The ashy-haired girl shrugged, "I was just curious after what you told me last night."

The college student looked away at that, muttering quietly, "it used to be..."

"Hm?"

"I do like dancing, and teaching kids."

"But you made it so much of a money-earner that you forgot your original love for it?"

"..."

Chaeyeon startled when Sakura suddenly rested a fist on her arm, "and that's why you need fun in your life."

The woman rolled her eyes, "too much fun is bad too."

The gamer laughed, a little weaker than normal, "I can't argue with that..."

Chaeyeon turned back to look at Sakura, only to have the Japanese woman point down the hall, "hey look, there's people there."

The dancer swept her eyes to where the older woman pointed to, "I... think that's Hitomi and Nako?"