- 31 -

"We'll be back pretty late looking at traffic... Will you be okay Yena?"

The duck smiled, "yeah I'll be fine Appa, don't worry about me."

After a bit more confirmation, the blonde girl's parents left, Yena sighing as the door closed.

"Miss Yena? Are you alright?"

"Can... you take me somewhere tonight?"

"We shall leave at seven."

Yena turned to the well-dressed man and smiled, "thank you," before going to her room in silence.

~ ~ ~

The sun started to set as the duo began to drive off, the butler speaking up when they got out of the neighborhood.

"Anywhere specific, Miss Yena?"

The college girl thought, remembering what the other girls in the dream had said before, only hearing stories of a beautiful place in Korea, especially during their summer breaks.

"Can we... go to the beach?"

The man looked over at Yena before going back to watch the road, "this late?"

The duck weakly smiled, "if that's okay... If not, that's okay too."

He glanced at his watch, "we won't be able to stay there long, and no going in the water, you'll catch a cold."

Yena grinned, "yessir~~"

The rest of the drive went in silence, the girl's smile slowly disappearing as she leaned her head on the car window.

The events of what she assumed was the last day of her wonderful dream with eleven other girls flashed through her mind, and she usually didn't go out to so she wouldn't exploit her butler's helpfulness but...

She needed a break.

...

...

...

"We have arrived, Miss Yena."

Yena pushed off from the window, turning to face the butler.

"Can I... be alone for a bit? I won't run away."

The man chuckled, waving her away, "go on, I know you won't."

The duck smiled, thanking him before exiting the car.

It became dark through their drive to the beach, and in the dim lighting of a far off street light, Yena took off her shoes, feeling the sand between her toes as she began walking towards the crashing waves.

She took in the smell of the fresh ocean breeze with the slight saltiness in the air, lightly smiling as she relieved all of these all at once.

'Huh?'

With the minimal light, Yena noticed a figure sitting on the sand a little off to the side, barely visible besides their white t-shirt.

She walked over, hearing the figure singing as she got closer.

'That voice sounds familiar...'

Snap!

The duck froze as she accidentally stepped on a twig on the sand, the figure abruptly becoming quiet.

"Who's there?"

'Awe shit-'

"U-uh I-I won't h-hurt you!"

'Wow... That was so~ believable... Yena you dumb fuck.'

The girl squinted and blocked her eyes when a phone flashlight shined her way, wanting to see who the figure was but unable to.