- 28 -

"Hey Yuj!"

The called girl turned around as she closed her locker, seeing the girls basketball team walk over with the team captain leading with a wave.

"Hey."

The group of girls were wearing their uniforms, the team captain scratching her head as she looked away.

"So uh... Today's the final game of the year..."

She glanced back with a small smile, "I know you don't like going to the games but it's our last game as high schoolers... Want to join us? One last time before we go our separate ways..."

She gestured with her hands, "I'll buy you some tteokbokki in return? Some for your dad too of course."

Yujin smiled, Wonyoung's words from the night before popping up inside her head alongside the promise they made.

"Why not, I was going to say yes even if you didn't offer food but... You already said you'd buy some, so."

It took a few moments for her friend to process that she just agreed with her, but when realization dawned, so did a big grin.

She glanced back towards the team, "you hear that girls? Yujin's gonna join us for the game."

"Yeah!!!"

One of the team members came up, "come on let me take your bag for you Jinnie."

"Huh? Oh no it's fine I- Woah!"

Yujin startled as she was suddenly picked up by her friend and another teammate.

"Makeeee way for Ahn Yujin~ Best player, best pup!"

"Daengs! Daengs! Daengs!"

"Hhhngmnh guysssss stop itttt."

The senior practically died from embarrassment as students in the hall watched the mini parade of basketball players carrying an already tall girl, some lightly cheering along with the team as they passed.

But it'd be a lie for Yujin to say she didn't like it, she felt euphoric.

They carried on like that all the way to the locker rooms, which was when they gently let the senior down.

"Oh my God that was so- I-hhhhhh."

The team captain chuckled as one of the other girls handed Yujin back her bag, "you'll always be a part of the team, Yuj."

"And thinking about that..."

Yujin tilted her head as her friend went to grab something, coming back with another uniform.

"For you."

"Wh-"

"It's your old uniform, wear it with us, yeah?"

"But... I can't play..."

One of the taller players playfully headlocked the girl, "and? Come on man, you don't gotta play to be a part of the team."

Yujin chuckled, "okay okay, I'll wear it."

"Hell yeah~"

"We'll be out at the gym okay? Gotta talk with the coach."

With a nod, the team left, leaving Yujin to change into her old uniform.

It felt weird to her, wearing it again after two years of leaving it untouched.

Even just a couple months ago, she would have hated the sight of the jersey, but now...

She smiled, limping over to the door that led to the gym.