- AHN YUJIN -

"Bye Appa."

"Have a good day at school Yujin-ah."

The dark-haired girl slung her backpack over her shoulder, ignoring the stares she got as soon as she entered her high school campus.

'Just two more months...'

The puppy kept shuffling to her first class as she kept her eyes straight ahead.

'Two more months of all these kids staring at me in pity for some stupid limp.'

But...

What would she do afterwards?

Even if she got into a college, how would she pay for it with a lost scholarship?

"Daengs- I mean, Yujin!"

Yujin closed her hall locker, books in hand as she glanced over to the girl next to her.

"Mwo." (What)

"Awe c'mon Yuj, why are you talking to me like that?"

"How's the track team doing?"

"Could be better, if only you were still in it, same with basket...ball..."

Yujin's old teammate slowly stopped her sentence from her glare, "sorry, wrong answer."

She glanced down at Yujin's books, "want me to carry them for you?"

Without answering, Yujin turned around, walking away to her class.

"Wait, Yujin!"

She couldn't even avoid her ex-teammate anymore by running.

The girl jogged to catch up with the crippled puppy, "sorry I didn't know that would've-"

"Just stop."

Yujin paused before entering her class, glancing at the girl, "my leg doesn't hurt anymore, it's been almost two years since the accident happened."

'Since I found out I couldn't do sports anymore.'

The puppy scoffed, "although I could deal with less stares every time I pass by."

"No one hates you."

"Ttaeng, one person does." (Used when someone says the wrong answer)

"Who?"

Yujin pointed to herself, "me."

"Yujin..."

"I don't need their pity, I'm doing just fine."

Yujin looked away, glaring at nothing in particular, "'Fallen Star', 'prime example of lost potential', 'unlucky'. I probably heard it all at this point."

The girl rested a hand on Yujin's shoulder, the puppy sighing while unable to look her in the eyes, "I appreciate you still trying to help me, but I'm okay on my own."

She startled when the girl suddenly hugged her, "you always have a friend in me."

The girl waved, "see ya later Yujin~"

The puppy snapped out of her shock, shaking her head and letting out a chuckle despite herself before going inside the classroom.

~ ~ ~

RINGGG!!!

Yujin packed up her stuff, stopping by her locker before walking out the school gates.

'Huh?'

She looked around, seeing the track team running around in the trackfield off to the side of the school. Yujin shuffled over, watching the students practice from behind the fence.