☆Chapter 41☆

In the parallel universe...

-Seokmi pov-

Silence...

The dorm is met with silence as I lay on my bed staring blankly at the ceiling. The room feels colder somehow as Namree and Taeyon isn't here and working back at the studio. I fist my hands at the memory as I try to numb my thoughts.

Everything feels so wrong...

I feel like a heavy weight is dragging me down a bottomless pit off darkness with my thoughts feeling muffled. The last few days feel like a nightmare which just doesn't want to end no matter how many times I try to wake up. I thought it was a sick...one extremely sick joke when Namree confessed to not knowing Jungmei and I could see the potential for a fight to break out but as the eldest I had to stop it.

Our leader is down so I need to step up right?

It seems easier then it is in reality. No matter how much we tried to get through Namree she thought we were crazy and thought we were pranking her but when I scrolled through our photo's and showed them to her she said there wasn't anyone there when I pointed at Jungmei. The fact that Jungmei's body was still missing aswell felt like a gun to my head about to go off.

I felt anger course through me at her plain denial of seeing her when she was clearly holding onto her arm in the picture. She still completely denied it and when she got irritated by us she left us standing baffled I'm the room stunned in silence. Yoonmi was the first to explode wanting to march to her room but we all held her down. Jamie went quieter then she was and Taeyon was stunned into confusion but the moment she started questioning things I lost it and told them all they needed to stop before I did something I would regret later.

Thankfully Hanna understood where I was standing as I lost the cool persona I tried to have for everyone in the dorm. I didn't even get the time to lash out from the grief because I had to be the strong one but this was all that I had gotten.

So in the blinding raging emotions I distanced myself from them for a while just to stop them from messing with my head. My main focus was trying to cope with the person I saw as my little sister's death and they all made it so difficult. We still can't even mourn with her body but it doesn't seem like that problem is going to be solved soon.

A day after I stayed away from them I thought maybe Namree would be better but I was shocked when I returned to them all just to be met with something that shattered me. Namree still denied the existence of Jungmei but this time she wasn't alone...

Taeyon was the same.

To say Jamie was in a state would be a downplay from how she lunged at the girl. It finally dawned on me on how we were all breaking and I had no idea what was happening to us. Yes I expected pain if something happened to one of us but just straight out denying our sweet precious Jungmei's existence is taking it way too far for any sain person to cope with it.

So for the days after that I decided to mute my phone and since the day I decided to fall on my bed I never got up till now. I just feel too numb to stand or do anything. I don't want to speak to Namree or Taeyon as they show fake concern for us pretending that they are concerned for our mental health and our friendship that has taken a major strain.

They have to be faking their concern...there is no way I'm taking it when they still won't say Jungmei is real...

I'm not crazy....I know I'm not...

I can't be....

"Unnie..." I blink blankly at the ceiling as I hear a voice enter the room. I didn't even hear the door open but I don't really care. I immediately recognize the voice as Yoonmi but there was something strange about how her voice sounded. It sounded scared and broken.