Chapter 29

I awoke in the dark. No, dark isn't the right word. I was in a dimly lit room. I reached for something. I don't know what, but I reached out for something. I didn't feel anything against my soft fingertips.

"How are you feeling?" A husky voice questioned. It rang in my ears.

"S-sore. What happened?" I surveyed.

"You were so stunned by your vision. You fainted." The voice stated.

"Where's Pinhead?" I asked shakily.

"He is on his way." The voice bellowed. I looked around the room. The walls were grey, and there was a maroon sofa in the corner of the medium sized room. I was laying on a mattress with a flat pillow and a thin blanket.

"Is she ok?" A male voice questioned. I slowly turned my head in the direction the voice had come from.

"Pinhead?" I whispered. He looked over to me, and gave me a slight smile.

"Hello, my love. Did Open-Throat tell you what happened?" He questioned.

"Yes...What did I see in my vision?" I asked. I tried my hardest to remember; but I just couldn't.

"I had to read your mind to know what you saw. You...you saw your aunt Ashley...she tried to kill you and the child. You thought she was your mother." Pinhead explained. The vision flowed back into my mind. Anger boiled in my blood. A pit formed in my stomach.

"Calm down, darling. I will deal with your aunt." He said softly. I shook my head.

"It's my responsibility." I replied blankly. I tried to stand up; but I fell back down onto the firm mattress. Pinhead walked over to me, and helped me up. I could barely stand up.

"You are weak." The pale man sighed. He picked me up bridal style. "You look ill, as well. Female, I am going to take Victoria back home." He continued. The female nodded.

~At home~
Pinheads POV:

I looked down at the pale girl that I held in my arms. She seemed to be half asleep.

"Pinhead, I have to work tomorrow-"

"No! Not while you are feeling like this! We cannot have you feeling ill on the job!" I shouted. She flinched as those words echoed throughout the room. She let out a low hum. I walked into her room, and set her down on the bed. I leaned down, and placed a gentle kiss onto her forehead.

"Hey Pinhead, could you lay next to me?" The girl whispered.

"Of course." I answered. I peeled the blankets back and crawled onto the bed. I throwed the blankets onto my broad body. She immediately wrapped her arms around me; as if she were afraid of something. With how everything has been going..I was worried about her. I deeply cared about her, and she was the most important thing to me. She made me smile. She made me feel more...human; she made me feel a bit warm inside.

"It'll get better, darling. I promise. I'll make sure of it." I assured her. I placed my hand on her side. Her grasp on my leather loosened until she wasn't gripping it anymore. I slowly rubbed her side. Just then, for the first time in decades, I felt panicked. I stopped rubbing her side. She wasn't breathing.