21

'Should we just run away?'

But that Whale’s pupils were accurately looking at him. He also seemed to be putting strength into his hands, as Cale could see the Whale’s fingers digging into the ground. His strength was unbelievable even though he seemed to be close to death.

Cale peeked toward Choi Han who was stronger than him.

'Why is he looking at me when Choi Han is here? Ugh...'

'What should we do?'

Choi Han looks at Cale with that question in his eyes.

'Why ask me when you the one alpha here!? Wait, I'm alpha too before... Ah! Whatever!'

Cale started to focus his gaze to take a closer look at the whale.

He had a single question that cross in his mind.

‘A Whale tribe member being hurt by mermaid poison?’

An answer quickly floated across Cale’s mind.

Mixed blood.

That was the only possible answer.

Cale quickly thought through the contents of, ‘The Birth of a Hero.’ There were no mixed-blood characters in the Whale Tribe which was almost as low in number as the dragons.

‘But there was one that died.’

Cale started to frown and worry.

“Ugh.”

The Whale could not crawl anymore. His body started to shake without being able to do anything else. At that moment, Cale heard the Black Dragon’s voice in his head.

- Human, are you not going to help?

Choi Han and the black dragon seem to wait what's Cale decisions right now.

Cale sighed and push Choi Han so he let him go.

“Hey.”

Cale approached the mixed-blood Whale and crouched in front of him while covering his nose. The Whale human who was shaking on the ground slowly lifted his head.

This long-haired man really lived up to the stories about how the Whales were so beautiful that they made elves look like squids. Such a beautiful man was looking at Cale.

even though those beautiful blue eyes made Cale's body shiver without him realizing it.

Choi Han is just ready to save Cale if something happens when he sees Cale's body shivering.

“...Save-”

Cale answered without any sort of emotion in his voice even with his body shaking so that he look scared.

But the man has no time to think about that.

“Yes. I’ll save you.”

A mixed-blood Whale human.

Cale knew that it might be more painful for this Whale to be alive than to die in the next few moments. He was sure that the Whale knew this to be true as well.

Cale recalled the conversation the Whale King had with Lock in the novel.

< “You are a pure-blooded Wolf.”

“Why do you say that?”

“My child is not of pure blood.”

“Hmm? Noona is not a pure-blooded Whale?”

“Not that child. I had a son who was mixed blood. That was why ... he had a lot of difficulties. He was too weak to live in the ocean.”

“Then does he live on land?”