25

The whale started to explain.

"We have had many battles, both large and small, with the mermaids over the years. We control the north and the mermaids control the south."

Paseton looked toward Cale. Cale, who was leaning on the couch, motioned to Paseton with his chin to continue with his story. On and Hong peeked at Cale's face before slowly moving away from Cale's lap to Choi Han's arm.

Choi Han put some sugar in Cale lemon herbal tea. Cale subconsciously smiles when he sees that.

Choi Han really knows the best for him.

"We are fighting to prevent the mermaids from creating a kingdom throughout the entire ocean. However, something changed six months ago."

Paseton's eyes started to fall.

Cale leaned on Choi Han a bit seeing that eyes became scarier in his eyes.

"The mermaids started acting weird."

'Weird?'

Cale ignores his uncomfortable feelings because of the blue eyes and started to think about the novel's information regarding the mermaids.

"They crossed over the implicit border between our two tribes and started to provoke us."

This was something Cale knew about. The mermaids start to provoke the Whales so that they could take control of the ocean. Cale started to feel relieved after hearing information he already knew about. Paseton continued to speak.

But Choi Han cannot sit easily as Cale when he heard that. His alpha aura made the whale siblings taken aback for a moment.

But Paseton continues what he needs to say.

"I was able to figure out the reason behind it."

'I'm sure it is because they want to create their kingdom.'

The Whale tribe in volumes 4 and 5 knew about the mermaid's plan, and that was why Choi Han was helping them fight against the mermaids.

'Why bother doing something so troublesome like that?'

Cale just wants to sleep all day and be a slacker. He cannot understand other people who like to lead some kingdom.

Like... It has so much work to do...

"They are trying to take control of the sea route that connects the Eastern and Western continents."

"What?"

Cale sat up straight and looked toward Paseton before looking at the tea so he not seeing the blue eyes.

His body reaction really sucks.

"Isn't the sea route something for the humans?"

There were a couple of different sea routes that connect the Western and Eastern continents. The humans had found these routes, but they were far and dangerous, preventing an official route from becoming created.

According to the novel, there was an implicit agreement between the lifeforms living in the water and the lifeforms living above water. The sea lifeforms would not touch these sea routes and the land lifeforms would not meddle in the issues of the sea in exchange. That was why Choi Han was troubled about whether to involve himself in the battles between the Whales and the mermaids.

But the mermaids were going to break this agreement?

Cale peeked at Choi Han and could see his irritated look. He decides to ignore it.

Witira started to speak.

"At first, we thought that the new king of the mermaids was leading the charge to create their kingdom, but the information Paseton brought back was different."