Chapter 85: The World's Strongest Swordsman Is Replaced! Mihawk 6th Place?

East Blue, Loguetown Island.

“ What ?!” Tashigi who had just read the newspaper that had just been published by Morgans immediately shouted in surprise.

"Shut up Tashigi!" Smoker said angrily, "Your screams only hurt my eardrums"

“B-but… But Smoker-san… This news…” Tashigi paid no heed to Smoker's anger towards him because it had become normal for me and Tashigi's gaze spoke in a stuttering tone to Smoker who was beside him at this time.

“You don't need to say it” Smoker said with seriousness, “There are a lot of things that are currently happening in the New World, however, whatever happened there… Nothing has any impact here.”

Tashigi nodded then her gaze then looked back at the newspaper and muttered, “This… This is very shocking news. The position of the strongest swordsman in the world has finally changed… Even Eagle Eyes… Eagle Eyes have fallen from the top five of the best swordsmen in the world”

Tashigi said with a face full of surprise, Tashigi then looked at Smoker, “Smoker-san…. What … Did you hit these swordsmen?”

“No” Smoker said calmly, “Even though I've been at headquarters. I don't have any information about them not even the information about the Fortis Kingdom is known to me. This kingdom is almost as if it just appeared.”

Tashigi was silent hearing this and then her gaze turned to the wanted posters of the Fortis Kingdom officials, especially Arie Hon's wanted posters, “This sword… I've never seen this sword before. Even this sword isn't classified as one of the meitos… Is it possible that it's a low grade sword?”

"Are you stupid, Tashigi?" Smoker asked with a strange face, “Do you think people with a bounty exceeding 5 billion berries would use such a high quality sword? It was possible that the sword used was a sword that had disappeared or whatever. The point is that the world is very wide. There are many things we might not know about that world” Smoker paused and continued, “Especially regarding the spiritual energy control techniques possessed by the Fortis Kingdom. The Navy doesn't even know about it."

Tashigi fell silent again hearing this and then continued to ask, "What about the response from headquarters? For example if one of the higher-ups from the Fortis Kingdom came to the East Blue region?”

“The Navy will not interfere in this matter” Smoker said calmly, “Even though the higher-ups of the Fortis Kingdom are fugitives. However, they did not do anything against the rules set by the Navy. They are not pirates either. They only have a dispute with the World Government side and not us” Smoker paused and continued, “Besides, headquarters has also given orders. Never do anything or try to capture the higher-ups of the Fortis Kingdom. As long as someone dares to do it. That person will be immediately expelled from the Navy.”

“This…” Tashigi fell silent hearing this, “But…”

"Don't just have small thoughts, Tashigi" Smoker said back in a serious tone, "We Marines only have a duty to deal with Pirates and not take care of the affairs of a kingdom. Also, as long as they don't do something pirates do. We don't have to worry about it." Smoker paused and looked at Tashigi, "Also. forget about your desire to collect all the swords as you wish. With your current strength, it's impossible to do so."

"It is impossible!" Tashigi immediately said with a sullen tone, “I will definitely collect it. I will take all the famous swords from those pirates. Those swords cannot be used by them.”

“If that's the case” Smoker exhaled the smoke and continued, “Train hard. Your current strength, even just in this sea area, you already have difficulty in defeating the enemy. What about the Grand Line area? How can you defeat the Sea Emperors who have swords that are your target?”