Comforter (Bucky Barnes)

TW: panic attack

Bucky's POV

I sighed for what felt like the hundredth time that day as I entered the Avengers Tower. I made my way into the living room and was greeted by Clint and Steve. "How'd the chase go, Buck?" Steve asked. I rubbed his eyes and grumbled out "It was completely stupid. We caught the guy easily, but there was so much paperwork. I'm just ready to lay down honestly. Speaking of, have you guys seen Y/n?" Both of the men shook their heads. "Last I heard she was in some huge meeting with a lot of people." Bruce said. I winced knowing how much Y/n hated large crowds. I waved at the other guys before heading upstairs to my room. I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I opened the door, then froze. The room was dark and several items had been knocked off their shelves. The bathroom doors were haphazardly open and all the blankets had been thrown off the bed. I cautiously entered the room and did a thorough sweep before I entered the bathroom. It was here I stopped when I saw what was before me. Y/n was sitting on the floor, knees drawn to her chest, and she was shaking uncontrollably.

Y/n POV:

"Y/n?" I heard a voice say. I raised my head slightly and saw the concerned look on my boyfriend's face. Then I began to cry. Bucky quickly dropped to my side and pulled me into his lap while making soothing noises. "Hey, hey, hey. Focus on my voice, okay? You are perfectly safe right now." I buried my face into Bucky's chest and tried to regain control over myself. Bucky began running his hands through my hair while humming softly under his breath. I shuddered slightly as I let the rest of the sobs go and allowed the sound of the humming to calm me.

"So what happened today?" Bucky asked after several minutes of silence. "I had to go to this meeting with a lot of people and it was a lot noisier. I've kinda been struggling all day...I guess it's just one of those days where your mind seems to get to you more. Anyway, there were so many people talking at me and the space seemed to be getting smaller, so I quickly excused myself, left, and then ended up here." I said as I finally pulled my head back to look at Bucky. He took my tear-stained face in his hands and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But I'm here now, so how about we go lay down, maybe watch something, and not think about today at all. Okay?" I nodded my head and let a small smile out. Bucky smiled down at me before he kissed me again and helped me stand up. "Why don't you go ahead and change and I'll be back in 2 minutes.""Okay." Bucky left and closed the doors behind him, leaving me to change. I quickly pulled on my p.j.s and climbed into our big bed. 

A minute later, Bucky came back carrying two mugs of tea and put them down beside me. He changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants before joining me in bed. He handed me the remote and I chose a fun little tv show. As it played, Bucky wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I burrowed into his side while holding my cup of tea. A few episodes later I was fast asleep. Bucky smiled down at my sleeping form as he took the cup from my hold, placed it on the nightstand, and laid me down. He adjusted himself beside me and my hand instinctively rested on his chest. "Goodnight Y/n. I love you." He whispered as he, too, drifted off to sleep.