Spontaneity (Fred Weasley)

A/n: I'm just making up names for the two friends.

The villa we were staying in was absolutely amazing. The Italian architecture was beautiful, as was the rest of the country. Lysa, Bella, and I had rented this villa to stay in for two weeks as a way to celebrate our graduation from Ilvermorny. Currently, we were all gathered in Lysa's room getting ready for a local dance. The man who had given us the keys to the villa had told us about this dance and how we would be welcomed there. Now here we were, fussing over hair and clothes. I was pretty much done, but Lysa was taking a little bit longer. "Does this dress match my eyes?" She asked as she came out of the bathroom. Bella sighed dramatically as she replied, "Everything looks good on you, now can we go before I die of old age?" Lysa shook her head but laughed and soon we were out to the door and heading towards the square.

I could hear music at the end of the brick road and the laughter that drifted along with it. In the square was a small fountain and there were already people around it, talking and drinking. There were multicolored lights strung all over the square that made everything a rainbow. We were welcomed by a short, elderly woman who hugged each of us and told us how happy she was to have three beautiful young ladies as her guests. Then she clapped her hands loudly, the sound echoing off the surrounding buildings, and the music changed. The crowd began to spread out around the edges of the square as couples came forward. Lysa and Bella were quickly taken to dance, so I stood off to the side and clapped with the crowd.

The music was as vibrant as the people and the decorations that seemed to form a kaleidoscope. I left the crowd and made my way to one of the tables where food and drinks were being served. Everything on the table was colorful, as well, but I was not familiar with some of them. As I stood there pondering on what to try, a shock of red appeared in my peripheral vision that was quickly followed by a voice. "I haven't been here that long, but I personally would recommend the purple liquid." I looked towards the voice and saw a man with red hair that went to his shoulders. He had a few freckles, probably from sun exposure, and had chocolate colored eyes. He wore a simple white shirt with buttons, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and pants. He was extremely handsome.

A smile made its way onto my face as I asked, "How good is it?""Why, it's the best thing I've ever tasted! It's just as wonderful as this place is.""You promise?" He laughed as he replied, "I promise." I picked up a cup with the purple liquid and took a sip. The handsome man was right; this is absolutely delicious. "So?" He enquired, his eyes searching my face. "It's as amazing as you've made it out to be." At my words, a huge grin broke out on his face and he said, "Well now I must know the name of such a beautiful lady who has such exquisite tastes." He extended a hand as he said, "I'm Fred Weasley." I smiled as I shook his hand and replied, "I'm y/n y/l/n.""So tell me, y/n, why are you standing here all by yourself and not dancing?""I wasn't asked, but my friends were," I replied as I gestured towards Lysa and Bella who were dancing with different men on opposite sides of the fountain.

"Then I do believe that a dance is in order to fix the slight from the blindness of every man here," Fred said. He took my cup from my hand and put it on the table before pulling me towards the center. He twirled me, my skirts swirling around my legs. He dipped me and lifted me and we made our way all around the fountain. We ended up dancing the rest of the night, so when we stopped I was breathless but my cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much. Fred led me by the hand to some chairs and got us something to drink. "I think this has been the best night of my life," he declared, his face framed by fly-away hairs. I laughed as I said, "I'll have to agree with you, but unfortunately it can't last forever.""Well, it doesn't have to end right now," He said as he tucked a stray hair behind my ear. I looked at him quizzically as he hurried on, "I want you to come with me. I'm going to Greece tonight and I would hate myself if I let you go after just meeting you.""I don't know Fred, I don't want to leave my friends by themselves.""I think they'll be just fine," he replied as he turned my head in the direction of my friends. Both Lysa and Bella were cuddling up with their respective man and trading kisses.

I turned back to look at Fred and his hopeful face. "Well," I began slowly, "I guess I can send for my stuff later." Fred clasped my hand excitedly as he asked, "So you'll come?""Yes, Fred, I'll come with you." He jumped up and said, "That's great, especially since the train leaves soon." He laughed at my shocked expression as he said, "Its all part of the spontaneity.""Well then, let's get going." He whooped and took off running, pulling me beside him. We ran into the night, adrenaline coursing through us and a giddy feeling forming in my stomach. I was excited to tackle this new adventure with this man beside me.