Hide and Seek (Jake Webber)

Colby, Sam, Kat, Corey, Devyn, Jake, and I were all gathered in the living room preparing to start a game of hide and seek. Jake was chosen as the seeker for the first round because he chose the short straw. As soon as he started counting, we all scattered. I hurried to the storage closet and climbed up the shelves, tucking myself into the far most corner and blocking the view with stacks of blankets. I could hear others shuffling past and a few hushed giggles before it became deathly quiet. "Ready or not, here I come!" I heard Jake shout, breaking the silence. I heard him moving things in the living room and jumping on the couches. When he had overturned everything, he made his way out into the entryway. "If I was a little five-foot y/n, where would I hide?" He mused to himself. He opened the closet door and my breath caught in my chest. He moved some stuff around on the ground, grumbled, and then shut the door again. I let out the breath I was holding and giggled quietly to myself. 

There were a few minutes of silence before a loud girlish shriek echoed through the house. Devyn had been found. I heard her and Jake moving back into the entryway as he asked her, "Okay, do you know where anyone else is?" There was a pause before she said, "I think I saw where one person went...""Devyn, you have to tell me. You're on my team now." She sighed as she said, "Okay fine. Someone is in that closet." I cursed to myself as Jake opened the door. "This closet? I just checked in here," I heard Jake say. "Maybe you should set your sights higher," Devyn suggested. Jake began moving aside towels and blankets on the lower shelves and then began to make his way up until he reached my shelf. His hand poked through the stacks of blankets, so I smacked it. He yelped and quickly withdrew his hand before reaching back up and parting the blankets. "Y/n!" He exclaimed when he saw me. I laughed at his expression as I turned myself and slid to the ground.

"Okay, I found two of you, so that means four are left and I haven't checked the kitchen yet." Jake declared before he made his way to the kitchen. As he looked through the cabinets, I went into the pantry pretending to look for people. I grabbed a bag of chips and began eating them as I left the pantry. "Well there's no one in here," I said, my mouth full of food. Jake just stared at me as Devyn began laughing. He shook his head before leaving and heading up to the second floor. Up there, we immediately found Kat hiding behind the sofa near the stairs and Corey behind a bathroom door.

Jake had gone off to search in a different room, leaving me to search someone's closet. It was dark because I couldn't find the light switch, so I was left fumbling around. As I reached the back and began moving aside clothes, a hand shot out and wrapped around my wrist. I yelled and cursed as I fell backward onto the floor. I looked up and saw Colby emerging from the clothes, laughing hysterically. A second later, I felt two arms wrap around my middle and lift me up to put me back on my feet. Jake was standing over me, his arms protectively around me. "What happened?" He asked, an easy smile on his face. "Y/n was close to finding me, so I thought I'd scare her and go out with a bang." Colby explained as he wiped the tears from his eyes. "That wasn't very nice," I said, pretending to pout. "Even though that was funny, I was a little worried when I heard my girlfriend scream and curse followed by a thunk." Jake said, chuckling a little at the end. Colby nodded in understanding and then reached back into the rack of clothes to pull out Sam. Sam looked absolutely shocked since he didn't expect Colby to do that. Jake looked shocked and I burst out laughing. "Well I guess round one is done now," Colby said nonchalantly.

We all gathered in the living room again for round two, and Devyn was the seeker this time. When she started counting, Jake grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs with him. We went into our room and Jake suggested I hide in the vent. There was a vent in our room near the ceiling that was big enough for me to fit in. He undid the latches on the vent cover before picking me up by my hips so I could crawl into the vent. "Don't give away my hiding spot," I said. Jake nodded before closing the cover and diving under the bed. I curled myself up in a little ball with my head resting against my arm and tried not to move.

Devyn found a few people downstairs before she made her way upstairs. I watched as she entered our room and checked the closet before she looked under the bed. I heard Jake groan in defeat as Devyn squealed in delight. "Now I just have to find Colby and y/n," she said to Jake as she left the room. Jake's eyes snapped over to my hiding spot as he left the room to help the others in their search. Colby was found a few minutes later by the door to the attic, leaving me as the only one left. "Is there anyone left?" I heard Colby ask. Someone told him that I was left and he said,"Seriously, she's left? Oh come on!" which made me laugh. 

Devyn and the others spent a little while trying to find me before Devyn declared, "I give up.""You wanna know where she is?" Jake asked. I heard Devyn make an odd noise before she said, "You've known where she's been the whole time? Are you kidding me?!" Jake laughed as he led everyone into our room and he opened the vent cover. I waved at everyone as they all looked back in shock. Devyn threw up her hands in defeat and left with Kat trailing behind her. "That is a great hiding spot, man," Sam complimented me. I thanked him before the others left, leaving me and Jake alone. "Jake, can you please help me down since you put me up here?" I asked. Jake laughed as he responded with, "Sure," and came towards me. He reached up and got a hold under me before easing me down and I ended up in his arms bridal style. "Thanks," I said as I kissed his cheek. "Anything for my beautiful lady." I smiled as he set me down, closed the vent cover, and then we left the room hand-in-hand.