Haunted Castle (Colby Brock)

"What's up guys, it's Sam and Colby!" The two guys excitedly shouted at the camera. "Today we are here at the Blood Countess's castle to uncover the truth of what really happened here." Sam said ominously, staring intensely into the lense. "And on that note, we are joined by two lovely ladies...y/n and Kat!" Colby exclaimed, waving jazz hands around me and Kat. I smiled and waved at the camera as Colby draped his arm over my shoulder and Sam began to explain more of what we were going to do. I took a minute to take in the huge abandoned stone structure before me and I felt a slight chill up my back. 

Soon enough we entered the castle and did a walk through, pointing out all the unique features and certain spots that had a lot of activity. I loved looking at the old architecture, but Kat kept shuddering in every room we entered. "Alright guys, now that we have done a tour of the place, we're going to start the investigations." Sam started saying. "We're going to split up. Kat comes with me and y/n goes with Colby." Colby cheered at this and smiled at me, excitement evident in his clear blue eyes. Colby and I were given the dungeons to investigate while Sam and Kat went to one of the main rooms on the second floor. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, Colby holding the other camera out in front of him to record our faces.

"So, y/n, what do you think we're going to find down here?" Colby asked as we reached the door to the dungeon. "Well, we could find a lot of the Countess's victims since she did most of the torturing down here or in her own room, which is where Sam and Kat are going." I replied as I began the descent, Colby kindly letting me take the lead. When we reached the bottom, I heard Colby suck in a breath as he panned the camera to show the whole room. This was definitely a dungeon. There were all manner of weapons and inventions meant for torture scattered about and a little doorway tucked into the corner. Through the doorway we found a hallway lined with cells, the bars old and rusted over. At the other end of the hall was an old wood door, a metal bar laying across it. "I think that door goes to the stables, which is how the guide said that she brought in her victims." Colby said as he walked towards it and shook it a few times. I recorded him walking about the two rooms and pointing out different things.

"So we're gonna get started now with the spirit box, and to make this more fun, I'm going to place a music box near the stairs." Colby announced as he set all the equipment up. Then we sat cross legged in the middle of the torture room and turned our attention towards the little box in front of us. "If there is anyone in here with us, please feel free to use this little device in front of to communicate with us. We're not here to hurt you, we just want to know your story." I said, my words quickly swallowed by the silence. A second later, the spirit box called out the name, "Sarah." Colby shot me an excited look before he said, "Sarah, thank you so much. Were you a prisoner here in this dungeon?" A simple, "yes," quickly came forth and Colby became more excited. We talked to her for a few more minutes, taking in as much as the spirit was willing to share. Then all of a sudden the words, "She's coming," blared from the speaker and the lights immediately turned off. I hit the button on my flashlight and the camera flashlight, but neither turned on. And then the music box near the stairs began to play.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, instantly reaching to grab Colby's hand in the pitch dark. "It's going to be okay." He whispered as he began rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand, his rings cold against my skin. The constant buzzing of the radio was giving me chills when all of a sudden a new voice was heard saying, "You shouldn't be here." It was a female voice and it sounded very powerful and angry. I was shocked, especially since whole sentences don't usually come from it. I felt Colby squeeze my hand before asking, "Elizabeth Bathory, are you here with us?" It was quiet for a moment before a menacing, "yes," reverberated through the room and I nearly shit myself. "You shouldn't be here." The ominous warning came again. "Colby, I think we should leave." I whispered. "I think we should at least try and talk to her." He replied. I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was afraid, too. "Elizabeth, will you please allow us to stay just for a few minutes? We want to hear your story." Colby said slightly louder into the darkness. What she said next made my blood run cold.

"I would listen to her if I were you. She is certainly beautiful enough to be next victim." The voice said and then I felt something stroke my neck, like someone running a fingernail across my skin. I screamed and jumped up from my spot on the floor, bolting towards where I believed the stairs were. My foot hit the first step and I fell forward, landing painfully on the hard stone. But I didn't have time to stop. I hauled myself up and threw myself up the stairs as Colby shouted after me. I reached the top and tried the door handle, but it didn't budge. I heard a slow shuffle coming up the stairs behind and I frantically pushed and jiggled the doorknob until the door opened and I dashed out. I ran all the way through the castle, trying to remember the way out. I heard Colby much farther back shouting my name, and then several seconds later I heard footsteps running above as Sam and Kat began shouting as well as they came down. I kept running, finally getting past the double wooden doors and into the cool night air. I finally stopped when I was in the middle of the courtyard.

I was shaking violently and gasping for breath, the tears on my face cooling as the cool air hit them. Then I felt a deep throbbing pain begin radiating through my leg. I heard gravel crunching as the others came running out, and a second later I was in Colby's arms. As soon as he had me, I felt my knees buckle and he carefully brought us to the ground. I pressed my face into his chest and clung to him tightly as he made soothing noises and began to run his fingers through my hair. "It's okay, y/n, I've got you, you're safe now." We stayed like this for several minutes before Colby tried to adjust himself and I winced in pain. Kat noticed and asked,"What happened?" I told them what had happened, Colby keeping his arm tightly around me. When I had finished, the others were staring at me in shock. "Oh, y/n, I'm so sorry that happened." Sam said, sympathy written across his face. "We need to get your leg checked." Kat said firmly, giving the boys a pointed look.

She gathered our stuff as Sam started the car and Colby carried me into the backseat before he seated himself next to me. Once Kat was in, Sam pulled away and hurried to the nearest hospital. Every bump we hit sent a wave of pain through me and I squeezed Colby's hand each time. When we reached the hospital, Colby carried me inside and soon I had been seen by doctor and had a boot placed on me. They allowed me to go back to the hotel room that night and sent me on my way with painkillers. Colby carried me the whole time and I couldn't miss the worry all over his face. When we got back, he laid me gently on our bed as Sam rested my crutches against the bedside table before he and Kat said goodnight and went to their own room.

I allowed my head to fall back on the pillows as my adrenaline began to die down. Colby sat next to me and took my hand in his, staring at it for a minute before he said, "I was so worried about you. All I heard was that voice and then your scream. I didn't know what had happened and I couldn't see you. I couldn't even protect you. All I could do was shout your name and try and stumble around for you." He admitted miserably. My heart broke a little at how upset he was. "No, Colby, you did everything you could to comfort me, which is all you really could've done in that situation, and that makes everything better." I said as I laid my hand against his cheek. He gave me a small smile and then pulled my hand away from his face to press a kiss to my knuckles. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. No wonder you were scared shitless." I laughed slightly and then said, "I don't think I'm going to be joining you guys on adventures for a little while.""How about a long time? I am not up for a repeat of that any time soon." I laughed again and nodded in agreement. 

I heard Sam and Kat next door filming the outro for the video and couldn't help but sigh. "So guys," Sam was saying, "Kat is here in Colby's spot for the ending of this video. Colby is currently in the next room over with his girlfriend, helping her get comfortable after her injury and all that. You guys probably aren't going to see her in a video for a while because she needs time to rest and recover. She has suffered not only from physical injuries but also emotional distress. Anyway, please make sure to like and subscribe and we'll see you guys in the next video." And then there was silence. "Well, I think that's our cue to go to bed." I joked. Colby cracked a smile and then helped me get changed before he got himself changed. Once he helped me situate myself in a comfortable position, he climbed in to bed next to me and held me in his arms. I fell asleep like this, happy to be safely in Colby's arms.