Yule Ball (Draco Malfoy)

The dorms were filled with excitement as people hurried between rooms to get ready. I had been dressed and ready to go for ten minutes now, but I was stuck helping one of my friends put her hair up. As I pinned the last piece into place, the dorm room door opened and Hermione's head popped into the room. "Y/n, there you are. Dean just told me that Draco is waiting outside for you.""Thanks, and you look so pretty, by the way." Hermione laughed as she turned and left, her pink dress swishing around her. I said goodbye to my other friends before I made my way downstairs and out of the common room. Draco looked up as I came out and the biggest smile made it's way across his face as I approached him.

"You look absolutely beautiful, my dear." I giggled and replied "You don't look so bad yourself." He did look quite handsome in his black dress robes and his hair was done nicely. He extended his hand to me and I took it and we made our way to the Great Hall. As we walked, we passed girls tightly gripping their dates's arms, which made me laugh. I was smart enough to wear a small heel. As we neared the double doors we saw a large crowd of students milling about, waiting to be let in. Fleur and Cedric and their dates were already there when we approached. I noticed Viktor standing off to the side somewhat nervously and I shot him a reassuring smile. Hermione was just as nervous and it was absolutely adorable.

Eventually McGonnagal came out and let everyone else inside. I was scared as hell because I would have to be dancing in front of all those people. Draco noticed my tense state and intertwined our fingers together before giving them a reassuring squeeze. I smiled up at him as McGonnagal beckoned us in. I felt like I was breaking Draco's hand with how hard I was squeezing it. There were so many people just staring at us. When we reached the middle of the floor, Draco placed his hand on my waist and continued to hold my hand with the other. We began to dance as the music started and Draco chuckled softly a moment later. "My dear, your face is bright red." He whispered in my ear as he twirled me around. I groaned under my breath as he pulled me back towards him and gave me a moment to bury my burning face in his shoulder before we turned again.

We danced for several more minutes before Dumbeldore led McGonnagal onto the dancefloor and soon other pairs followed. Draco took this time to lead me off to the side to sit, which I was very grateful for. I took this time to look at how the room was decorated. There were round tables placed around the edge of the Great Hall and fake icicles and boughs of holly adorned the ceiling. There was also a light dusting of snow falling that disappeared before it reached the ground. Eventually Draco got me back up so that we could get something to drink. His hand stayed firmly on the small of my back as he led me and it made little butterflies blossom inside of me. "I think you are a wonderful dancer." He said as we walked. I laughed as I said "I am not. I almost tripped myself several times.""Well I certainly didn't notice, so you were doing it quite well. In any case I was too enthralled in your beauty to notice." I felt myself blushing as I mumbled "shut up" and hid my face. He laughed as he pulled my hands from my face and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

We got our drinks and as we were looking for somewhere to sit, I saw Harry and Ron sitting glumly at a table with a girl on either side of them just itching to dance. I laughed and nudged Draco, who also laughed when he noticed. "Y'know, if you glare hard enough, you'll burn a hole right through the floor." I said as I walked towards the two boys and their dates. Harry only looked up to turn his glare on me and I held up my hands in self-defense. "I was just saying." Harry went back to glaring at the ground as Ron asked "Are you having a good time, Y/n?" I smiled as I said "I'm having a great time, and I think you would, too, if you actually got up." I winked at him and his face turned a deep shade of red. 

We left the two boys there and kept walking, eventually deciding to just sit outside. It was nice out, with it being only slightly chilly which I appreciated. It was a clear night, so the stars could be seen even though there were little lights strewn across the bushes. We found a little bench to sit on and Draco took my hand back in his as I rested my head on his shoulder. We sat in comfortable silence for a while, just enjoying the other's presence. "Y/n?""Hmm?""I love you." I turned my head to look up into his clear blue eyes and said "I love you, too." He kissed me and held me closer to his side as we went back to staring at the stars.

Thank you all so much for 100 reads! If you have any requests, you are more than welcome to put them in the comments or message me.