Save Me Pt.2 (Bucky Barnes)

TW: Abuse

My hand was tightly gripping Bucky's metal one as we drove. He kept shooting glances in my direction and would squeeze my hand in return every few minutes. And then I saw the house. If I had been holding Bucky's real hand, it would have broken at that moment. He pulled the car into the driveway and parked, but didn't get out. He turned to look at me as he asked, "Are you sure about this?" I nodded my head, my eyes glued to the house before us. He sighs as he brings my hand to his lips and presses a kiss to my knuckles. I meet his gaze as he says, "Please be safe.""I will, I promise."

I climb out of the car and walk the path to the front door. I wipe my hands on my jeans and knock on the door, very aware of Bucky's eyes on me. Then the door opens and there stands my dad. When he registers who's standing before him, he smiles and hugs me. I stiffen slightly but he pulls away after a quick second. "Y/n, sweetie, it's so great to see you again. Who's the friend?" I follow his line of sight to Bucky and his car. "Oh, he's a friend. He offered to give me a ride here." I wave at Bucky, the signal that he can leave. He waves back and then reverses out of the driveway and leaves. My dad opens the door a little wider and ushers me before closing it behind us. 

The house looks exactly the same as when I left, minus the kids. My other siblings had all grown up and moved out, but nothing had been touched since. I made myself comfortable on the couch while dad took the seat opposite me. He seemed pretty unchanged, too, just a few more white hairs. "So, how's work? Are you enjoying it?""Yeah, I am enjoying it. There's something new everyday and I have some great colleagues." I say, smoothing my hands on my jeans. Dad quirks his brow at the last part and asks, "Is that guy one of your colleagues?" I nod and he sighs before saying, "Well then no wonder you think your colleagues are great, he looks like a bad person and I know how you're attracted to those people who are bad for you. He didn't even come out to greet me or anything." I take a deep breath as I reply, "He was in a hurry, his mom was expecting him." My dad waved away my excuse and switched the topic, leaving me feeling slightly insulted.

We talked for a little longer before he stood to make dinner, leaving me alone in the living room. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to see a few texts from Bucky. He was asking if all was okay so far, so I gave him a thumbs up. Eventually, dad said dinner was ready and I joined him at the table. It was a very good meal, but when we had finished, dad asked me to do the dishes. "While you may not live here anymore, you are still currently under my roof and you need to be humbled a bit. Now go clean the dishes." I stared at him, dumbfounded, before I uttered a soft, "Ok," and carried the dishes to the sink. As I washed them, I saw my dad go to the fridge and take out a big beer bottle. I sighed. Another part of him that had not changed.

When I finished, I rejoined him in the living room and we sat in an awkward silence for a while. "So, y/n, why has it been 7 years since you've been here?""Oh, y'know, I've been busy with all of my work and extensive traveling that comes with it.""See, that sounds plausible, but I don't think that's why." I felt my mouth go dry at his comment and I asked, "What do you mean?" He stared me down and took a swig of his beer before replying. "You're avoiding me because you think I'm a bad person. It's all because of that terrible mother of yours. When I was busy working my ass off to support this family, she was turning my own children against me." It was silent for a moment, and in that silence I heard the ghost of his shouting. "I don't think that's what happened at all." He scoffed and took another swig. "Of course she did it, it's in her manipulative nature. She's a real bitch." At those words I felt my face grow hot. "How dare you call my mom that. She was a much better person than you."

I pretended to scratch my back but I actually hit the button on my phone that called Bucky. He would need to hear this conversation. My dad became slightly red in the face. "Oh don't even. She manipulated all of you because she victimizes herself. I can't help being a little grumpy after spending all of my time working." "A little grumpy?" I laughed incredulously, "You were abusive. You shouted and hit us and have left us traumatized. You're the one victimizing yourself because you're so narcissistic.""I will not be talked to like this in my own house!" He shouted, his face a brilliant red color now. "I don't live under your roof now, you can't control me," I said as I stood up. Dad stood up as well and the glass bottle came crashing down over my head. I stumbled a little at the blow and then I felt blood begin to trickle down my face.

"You fucking bitch," he screamed at me. He slapped me hard across the face and the force behind it brought me to the ground. There were stars before my eyes when I noticed his foot coming towards me. It made contact with my gut and I curled in on myself. He kicked me a few more times, screaming profanities at me. He knelt down next to me and grabbed me by the hair to lift my head, making it feel like it was on fire. "You are an absolute bitch and will never amount to anything, you worthless piece of shit. You're just like your mom." He practically spit out, pulling my hair more and making me cry out.

All of a sudden, he let go of my hair and I let my head fall. Through my blurry vision, I saw Bucky holding my dad, beating the shit out of him. He left his unconscious body in the corner before he came for me. He knelt beside me, his face appearing very worried. "Hey, doll, you're gonna be okay, I've got you." He said, but his voice sounded far away. I couldn't get my eyes to focus and breathing was hurting. Bucky picked me up and hurried out of the house, laying me gently in the back of the car before speeding off. During the drive, I passed out.

When I came to, I was laying on a bed in the med bay, Bucky asleep with his head on the edge of the bed and clutching my hand. I moved my thumb lightly over his knuckles and he was instantly awake and alert. "Y/n, how do you feel?""I feel pretty achey and I hurt all over." At my words, he gave me a sad smile before pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead. "My brave girl," he murmured, resting his hand against the side of my face. I relished his touch and nuzzled his hand. "What happened to my dad?" I asked after a moment of silence. "Thanks to your little phone call, coupled with your current state, we had enough evidence to get him locked away for life. He can't hurt you anymore." At Bucky's words, I felt a few relieved tears fall. He saw and he drew me into his arms, rubbing my back comfortingly. "I've got you, doll, and he will never hurt you again." I buried my head in the crook of his neck and felt the weight of being afraid for so long lifted off of me. I kissed Bucky again and he smiled into the kiss, his hand slightly gripping my waist. Neither of us were perfect, but as long as we had each other, we'd be alright. And that's all I needed.

I did something new and wrote a pt. 2 for once! If you guys have anyone you wanna see next, let me know and any ideas for a plot if you have one.