Come To Bed (Chris Motionless)

The time on the clock read one in the morning. The other side of the bed was empty and the room seemed darker and quieter without Chris there. I couldn't sleep without him, so I had spent the past few hours tossing and turning. I gave up and sighed as I climbed out of bed and out of the room. Chris's shirt brushed against my bare thighs as my feet padding down the carpeted hallway toward the office. The door was slightly open and I could see Chris there in his chair, his attention wholly focused on his computer. He had been working on concepts and lyrics for the band's new album, so thus he had been staying up later and later as new ideas flooded his brain. As much as I loved his creativity and dedication, he really needed to sleep.

I pushed the door open a little more and walked towards his chair, putting my arms over the back of it so my hands could rest on his shoulders. Chris looked up when he felt my touch and gave me a small, sheepish smile. "Hey baby," he whispered, "Did I wake you?" I shook my head as one of his hands came up to hold mine. He lightly stroked my knuckles with his thumb in a calming and gentle gesture. I rested my chin on top of his head and gazed at the bright white screen that was the only source of light in the room, which almost made it seem cozy. He followed me gaze to the computer screen and sighed. "Go back to bed, I'll be there soon. I'm almost done with this part." I chuckled tiredly as I said, "You say that, but I know it'll take you at least another hour." He reluctantly agreed with me and seemed to think for a moment before he released my hand and backed his chair slightly.

I walked around him and made myself comfortable on his lap, his bigger frame enveloping my smaller one, followed by his comforting scent. He bent his neck to press a few kisses to my throat before I rested my head on his chest and sighed in contentment. One of his arms was supporting my back while the other lay over my thighs, making me feel protected. "Are you sure about this?" He asked quietly. I nodded my head and snuggled myself further into him. He sighed again and went back to his work, humming softly to himself and occasionally tracing patterns on my skin. 

"Are you done yet?" I sleepily asked after a little while. He looked down at me and laughed slightly when he saw I was fighting to stay awake. "Just go back to bed, y/n.""No," I replied stubbornly, "I'm not going until you come with me." He rolled his eyes playfully and then gave me a light kiss. I kept fighting to stay awake, but I eventually lost that battle in five minutes flat. When Chris noticed, he finally turned his computer off and carried me to bed. He laid me down before joining me in the bed and pulling me into his arms. My head fell onto his chest once more and I draped my leg over his, happy to have him back in bed with me and cuddling me.