Walk In The Park (Chris Motionless)

It was a hot weekend day in April and I was sitting in my car waiting for Chris. I had asked him to meet me at a park, so now I was parked in front of a playground with probably a bunch of parents thinking I'm a creep. Finally I saw Chris's car pull up and I got out to greet him. He was wearing normal-ish clothes (because he wasn't touring) and a huge grin on his face. "Hey Y/n, long time no see." I just laughed and shook my head. "Same to you, daddy-long-legs." He laughed at the old nickname and then we began to walk along the paths that ran through the park.

Chris talked a bit about touring and told a lot of funny stories and I talked about what had been happening in my life recently. Every once in a while, his hand or arm would brush mine and I would feel little butterflies each time. Whenever someone was coming towards us he would put his hand on my back to guide me to one side of the path. At one point there was a lady with a little dachshund, and once they had passed, I said, "Oh my God, that thing was drop-kickable." Chris started laughing and asked "Really?" I nodded my head and laughed along with Chris.

Eventually, we ended up on a bridge that crossed a creek in the middle of the woods. There was no one around and it was very peaceful with the breeze and the sound of the moving water. We stopped so I could look over the side, but I had to stand on my tippy-toes to see straight down because the railings on the bridge were for some reason really damn tall. Chris chuckled when he saw me but wisely didn't say anything. We both just stared at the creek for a few minutes and an air of peacefulness enveloped us. Chris moved slightly closer to me so that our shoulders were touching and his skin felt warm against mine. I couldn't hide the smile that had made its way onto my face, especially not when I noticed that Chris kept looking at me with the same smile he'd had this whole time.

He turned so his shoulder leaned against the railing and his hand began to gently push strands of hair away from my face. Then he froze and I turned to look at him. "Are you okay?" He nodded and said, "I'm wondering if I'm going to regret this or not." I looked at him quizzically. "What are we considering regretting?" It was silent for a moment before he said, "Fuck it, would you like to date me?" A huge grin broke out on my face and I said, "Yes.""Really?" He asked, seeming both surprised and relieved. "Of course!" I said as I laughed. "Well that went much better than I expected." I laughed again at what he said And took a moment to stare into his beautiful eyes. We spent a while longer on the bridge, Chris staring at me every few seconds with the biggest smile in the world, which mirrored my own.

As we walked back to my car, Chris cautiously took my hand in his, and when I didn't object, he held it more firmly in his hand and I felt so incredibly happy. When we got to my car, I thanked him for coming out, and as he turned to leave, I asked him for a hug. He gave me a big hug that made feel happy and safe and then we went our separate ways. I could not stop smiling for the rest of the day.

Requests are open