Christmas Day (Freddie Badlinu)

"Y/n, wake up! It's Christmas! We have to go open our presents!" I slowly opened my eyes to see Freddie bouncing on the bed and yelling excitedly. When he saw I was awake, he flew off the bed and ran out the door. I groaned but I hauled myself up and threw on one of Freddie's hoodies before leaving the room. Tommy and Molly were already in the living room, but in two very different states. Molly was drinking coffee and trying to wake up while Tommy was excitedly dancing around with my boyfriend. I approached the two boys and rested my forehead against Freddie's arm. He laughed as he said, "Good morning, sunshine." I picked my head up to glare at him and he pressed a steaming coffee mug into my hands. I muttered a thanks before making my way to the sofa.

The two rambunctious gremlins quickly joined us, Tommy sitting next to his girlfriend and Freddie planting himself on the ground in front of me. Presents were passed out and soon brightly colored wrapping paper littered the floor. I received gifts from my family in America and several friends I wouldn't see soon. Molly got me some new books to try and Tommy got me a funny little penguin figurine. I thanked both of them, as did Freddie. He was content just sitting there cross-legged on the ground as I ran my fingers through his hair.

When we had finished with presents, Freddie jumped up to start making breakfast. I joined him in the kitchen a few minutes later carrying all of the used coffee mugs. He had started on the bacon when I came in and he stopped for a moment to show off his new apron. It was one of those that said "kiss the chef" and it had been a gift from Tommy. "I think you should do as the apron says," he cheekily said as he pointed to the words with his spatula. I rolled my eyes but I couldn't help but smile. He leaned down and I pressed a kiss to his cheek, but he wasn't satisfied. "It says kiss the chef, not peck the chef." I laughed as I gave in and kissed him for a good minute, leaving him slightly dazed. "Was that better?" I asked and all he could do was nod and turn his attention back to the bacon.

Breakfast was simply bacon, eggs, and toast, but it was nice because all four of us enjoyed it around the table. After breakfast, Tommy and Molly changed and packed their stuff to leave. They had spent all day Christmas Eve with us and then spent the night so they could be here for Christmas morning. We sent them on their way with well wishes as they went to spend the rest of the day with Tommy's family. As soon as the door closed behind them, Freddie turned towards me and asked, "Now whose ready for their presents?" I laughed and playfully raised my hand. Freddie hurried to get my presents from wherever he hid them while I got mine for him.

He rejoined me in the living room with a big grin on his face. "Open yours first." He said as he handed them to me. The first gift was a bag with a stuffed orca in it and it was the cutest thing ever. The second gift was a small box with a few rings in it to add to my collection. The final gift was a little drawstring bag, and in it was a silver chain with a locket in the shape of a heart. I opened the locket and inside was a picture of me and Freddie posing together in front of our decorated tree. "Oh, Freddie, this is so nice," I said as I met Freddie's eyes. He looked quite proud of himself as he said, "I'm glad you like it, I was really hoping you would." He took the necklace from my hands and turned me so he could it on me himself. I turned back to face him and gave him a thank you kiss before handing him his gifts.

I got him a few pairs of funny socks, a new hoodie, and some smaller earrings he could put in his ears. As the final gift, I handed him a white envelope. He took it, a confused look on his face, and he opened it. He pulled out two strips of paper and took a moment to scan them before he gasped and jumped up, the papers falling beside me. He started doing a little happy dance right there and then. "Are you serious?" He asked, his face shining with happiness. "Yes, I got train tickets so we can go visit your parents for the holiday. We'll be there for about four days and your parents already know." At my words, he picked me up and spun me around before kissing me firmly. "I love you so much, y/n.""I love you, too, Freddie." He kissed me again before asking, "So when do we leave?""Well, the train leaves in about an hour." Freddie's happy expression instantly became panicked as he practically dropped me and went to get everything together.