Protector (Loki Laufeyson)

TW: blood and beating

I grunted as another kick landed against my ribcage. The man standing above me chuckled menacingly as he began to pace again. "So, Y/n, do you want to tell me about that little secret serum you're working on?" I raised myself up despite the agonizing pain that shot through my body and said "Fuck you." The man's demeanor quickly changed and he glowered down at me before reaching down and wrapping his hand around my throat. He lifted me up and smacked me against the wall. I let out a groan and said "That's gonna leave a mark in the morning." "Believe me, you're not going to see the morning." Then the man punched me in the face and stars began to fill my vision. I felt blood flowing down my face and before I could ready myself, he landed another blow to my gut. This was repeated for several minutes and I was fighting to stay awake.

The man stopped for a moment and asked "any last words?" I sighed and spat a bloody stream of saliva at his face. He howled in disgust before raising his fist to deliver the final blow, but a loud thud outside caused him to freeze. All of a sudden the door was flung open and the man was grabbed from behind, which resulted in me being flung across the room. My back hit the stone wall hard and I crumpled to the ground. I couldn't find it in myself to move and as I stared back, I saw the broad frame of a man in green and gold uniform coming towards me. He dropped to my side and cradled my head in his lap and began to shout at some other people. He then picked me up and began to leave the room. As we hurried through the hallways, I began to heave up blood. I heard the man talking, probably to me, but it sounded very muffled and far away. Everything seemed to be swimming in front of me and I couldn't make out much. As we broke out of the underground bunker, I felt cold winter air hit my skin and saw a dim light before I blacked out.

I opened my eyes again to find myself lying on a very soft bed in a room I was very familiar with. My whole body ached and I could barely move my head, but I could move it enough to see my boyfriend, Loki, pacing the room silently but anxiously. His green and gold cloak was thrown haphazardly over a chair and he was left in his black shirt rolled up to his elbows and his pants. I groaned and Loki stopped. He rushed to my side and collapsed to his knees on the floor. "Darling, how are you feeling?" He asked, concern and tiredness evident in his voice. "I feel like shit." I croaked out. Loki chuckled softly to himself before gently resting his hand on my cheek. I could see that it made him upset to see all the injuries I had. "You were incredibly brave, my feisty little firecracker." I smiled at the nickname before my body was wracked by a coughing fit. When I wiped my mouth, blood could be seen on the back of my hand. Loki's face changed and I looked up at him with concern. "It's okay, Darling, Bruce will get you all fixed up. He didn't do it when you were out because we didn't know when you would wake up." I furrowed my brows at this comment and whispered "How long have I been out?" "3 days." "Have you left here at all?" Loki shook his head. I looked at him more closely and noticed the way his hair seemed to be in complete disarray and how tired his face was. He also looked like he hadn't showered since the rescue mission."Would you like me to tell Bruce you're awake?" I nodded my head and watched Loki hurriedly leave the room. 

Fifteen minutes later I was being gently carried to the infirmary. I was laid on a table and given a numbing shot before a sheet was constructed between my head and the rest of me. Bruce began to get to work fixing the internal injuries and Loki stayed near my head, carefully stroking my hair and offering words of encouragement. When Bruce was done, he stitched me up and told Loki not to do anything to it for at least 12 hours. I was given pain medication before I was carefully carried back upstairs and back into Loki's bed. As he tucked me in, I asked "Why am I in your room?" He looked down at me and said "You're staying here until you're all better so I can protect you." I smiled up at him before grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling him down to press a kiss to his lips. 

The rest of the evening was spent with Loki sitting on the bed next to me, reading in his soothing voice. I eventually fell asleep and Loki resigned himself to the floor, afraid to even sleep next to me for fear of somehow hurting me. When I woke up in the morning, I felt absolutely disgusting and knew Loki must be feeling the same way. When he woke up, I suggested that we bathe. "Are you sure?" He asked as he picked himself up off of the floor. "I don't want you overexerting yourself." I rolled my eyes and pouted and Loki sighed and said "Fineeeeee." He quickly filled the tub with warm water before he came back into the room and picked me up. He carefully helped me undress and get in the tub before he got himself undressed and slipped in behind me. He began to gently wash my hair and body, which made me feel so much more at ease. When I was done, he quickly cleaned himself and got out and put clean clothes on. As he reached for me, I protested and said "I can stand up on my own. I'm not helpless y'know." "But Darling I don't want you to hurt myself." "Well I'm going to hurt myself by not moving at all. It's part of the process of healing." Loki looked at me dubiously before he sighed in defeat and offered me his hand. I accepted it and shakily began to rise from the tub. Loki wrapped his other arm around me to give me more support as I stepped onto the tile floor. I leaned myself against the wall, and with the help of my boyfriend, I began to slowly get my clothes on. 

It was during this time that the pain medication began to wear off and I felt a wave of pain spread through my body. I bit my lip hard as I was getting my pants on and my grip on Loki's shoulder tightened. He looked up to see pain written across my face and quickly picked me up and placed me on the bathroom counter. "What is it, Darling?" "Pain" was all I could manage to gasp out. Loki reached behind me to grab the medicine Bruce gave him yesterday and a cup of water. I quickly downed it and held on tightly to Loki's extended hands as I rested my head on his massive shoulder. "It hurts so much" I whimpered. "I know, Darling, I know, but you are so incredibly strong." And so we sat there for fifteen minutes, me sitting on the edge of the sink, shirtless, while pressing Loki's hands down on either side of me and resting on him. Finally, the medicine kicked in enough that I only felt achey. I released my hold on him and put my shirt on before I was picked up and placed in bed. "I think it's time for a nap after all that fun." Loki said humorlessly as he wrapped the blankets around my body. My hand reached up to grab his wrist and I asked "Can you please sleep with me this time? You're not going to hurt me and it'll make me feel better." He looked down into my pleading e/c eyes before he climbed in beside me and hesitantly drew me into his side. I rested my hand on his chest and burried my head into his shoulder. As I drifted off to sleep, I muttered an "I love you" and received a kiss on my forehead in return.