Lake Day (Bucky Barnes)

The day was warm and sunny, a perfect day to spend at the lake. Bucky threw his car into park in the little parking lot and the two of us made our way down to the water's edge. Surprisingly, it wasn't very busy. There was only a family there that had set their stuff up farther away. We laid our towels out so I could sit and finish the book I had brought with me. It was such a good book, but I was continuously being interrupted every time I picked it up and was super frustrated at this point. However, before I had even started, I got distracted. Bucky had chosen that time to take his shirt off, revealing his toned and muscular chest. He balled the shirt up in his hands and turned to look at me, laughing when he saw the look on my face. I blushed slightly before he tossed the shirt at me and made his way to the water. He tied his hair back into a little ponytail as he strode in until the water reached his waist and then dove under. 

I turned my attention back to my book and began reading as Bucky did his laps. Half an hour later, I had finally finished my book and tucked it safely into my bag. I stood up and began to rid myself of my cover-up. As I shimmied out of the last part, I heard a low whistle behind me. I turned to see Bucky walking over, dripping wet and his hair perfectly messy. I giggled as I turned my back to him and tucked away my cover-up. His hands came to rest on my hips as I straightened up and he said, "My, my, my. What do we have here?" I giggled again as I turned around in his arms to look at him. "I could say the same about you," I replied, my eyes lingering over his torso before looking up to match his gaze. He grinned broadly as he asked, "So are you ready to come join me now?" I nodded my head and his grin widened. I felt a sense of horror wash over me as I realized what that look was for. "Bucky, don't you dare do what I think you're about to do," I warned.

He paid my words no mind as he quickly picked me up bridal-style and began carrying me towards the water. "Bucky, no!" I cried out, trying desperately to get out of his grasp. My thrashing around did nothing as he continued to carry me in his strong arms. Soon enough, I felt the cold water enveloping me and I shrieked. And then Bucky dunked me. When I surfaced, Bucky was laughing his ass off and wiping tears from his eyes. I threw all of my body weight towards him and his eyes widened in shock before we both went under. This went on for a little while before he got a hold on me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I allowed my arms to wrap around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. "God I'm so lucky to have you," he said in a low voice. I pressed a kiss to his shoulder in reply. 

It was very peaceful in that moment; being in Bucky's arms, the gentle lapping sounds of the water around us. I felt lucky to have him, too. Eventually, he moved my legs around so that he had one arm under them and his other arm was supporting my back. I clung to him as he carried me out of the water and back towards our stuff. We quickly toweled off and then tied the towels to our waists before beginning our walk back the car. Bucky carried my bag in one hand and held my hand with the other. Once we were back in the car and driving away, Bucky took my hand again and pressed a lingering kiss to my knuckles. I smiled and rested my head against the back of my seat, lazy contentment taking over me and soon sleep.